Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 02:59 AM

1 posts, read 40,475 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I wanted to share what my experience with the 18in4 diet since I have used it before. I first came across the diet in my absolute desperation to lose weight after having my first child last year. I have in the past used other weight loss programs including Weight Watchers , which I found works and is a sensible option. But like many others can probably relate and attest to , you sometimes hit a pleateau and get frustrated and I experienced that. I wanted a solution to probably help me get over this hump. I entered the 18in4 diet with alot of skepticism and knew it was physically impossible to lose that much weight in 4 days, but I was interested so I purchased (very cheaply on ebay) to see what the diet entailed and the foods that it required. When I saw it, I thought that it would serve more as a detox and I was very aware that it was mostly water weight that would be lost if any. At the end of the 4 days, I lost 7 lbs and I was pleased. It helped me overcome my pleateau. I did it another 4 days and lost another 7lbs.

I came off the program for the Decmeber holidays and had a slippery slope and admittedly it wasn't hard to regain the weight loss.

The important thing is to be realistic,I actually expected the gain if you were to come off such a program and try to eat regularly.

Does it work to make you lose weight? Yes, in fact, even though the diet encourages you not to get on the scale till the end of the 4 days, I say get on it each day, because that was the motivation to stick with it . It was interesting to see lbs lost at the end of the first day. It can be challenging and is not for everyone. Pleas note the second day is probably the hardest. The foods are specific fruits, vegetables and meat.

I am actually getting ready to do the diet again, as I said I view it as a detox, a stuctured program that forces me to drink lots of water that otherwise I might not do. It is not a long term solution, you will need to develop a plan for exercising and eating well.

Do I recommend it? If you like the restricted food on the diet and you dont have a tedious job that requires alot of energy..then yes. I will be starting the diet again on Tuesday, May 27, 2008. I actually hope to follow through for 8 days. I will be happy to share how that worked for me then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 40,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlahr View Post
Hi there!

Okay, halfway through the day and honestly, I'm doing fine - I am not hungry- really, I'm not - which is kind of weird - no huge cravings, etc. So this is good - we'll see how the rest of the day goes!

This plan is based on sensible foods - lots of veggies and a small amount of fruit, protein of course - I will let you know if it's worth your while as my results will speak for themselves on Friday morning I am looking forward to seeing what happens.

Smile
Darlah
So, how are you getting on now? I've just bought the diet and am going to start next week when I've had chance to shop etc. I'm realistic in that it cannot be good to lose that much weight in 4 days, and that much will be water, however I am the only person I know who can have a sickness and ****** bug and still not lose a pound. I've tried Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Atkins, Rosemary Conley etc - have has a very small measure of success but then put it all straight back on. Have been dealing direct with my GP for 2 months now, who prescribed Olustat (apparently meant to stop your body absorbing any fat) - awful side effects and haven't lost one lb ! so thought I would try this to try and kick start my system a bit - I'm sure I can manage for 4 days ...

I was therefore interested in your weight loss in your 4 days, and have you kept it off?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 40,239 times
Unhappy 18in4??

Anyone,

Does anuone have this diet? I've spent the last two days trying to get it by google search, after trying to buy it on the website , which did not work after three tries of putting in my card info. Not sure if it's still available through his site.

Anyhow, let me know if you don't mind. Thanks!!

Linda
[mod] no posting email addresses [/mod]

Last edited by Suzet2262; 06-30-2008 at 11:36 PM.. Reason: no posting email addresses

Old 06-30-2008, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 40,144 times
im on this diet right now, i actually find it quite easy, im doing 8 days and im on day 6, ive lost 3.5 lbs each day consistently, so im not complaining .

Old 06-30-2008, 09:47 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy8537 View Post
im on this diet right now, i actually find it quite easy, im doing 8 days and im on day 6, ive lost 3.5 lbs each day consistently, so im not complaining .
What exactly does this diet entail?
Can you give some details on foods, portions, how many meals per day, calories, etc.?

Old 06-30-2008, 10:18 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,256,290 times
I wish the details could be posted...mmm

But my 2cents from what I gather....
The first few pounds of your loss (of any loss) is a weightloss woosh of glycogen storage being pulled from your system. This is usually 5-10 pounds. Reduce you sodium intake and that will easily trump up a loss of another 5-10 pounds.

Is it a real weightloss? Yes. If you stop eating so much sodium those 10 pounds will stay off and until you start eating normally those other 10 will stay off.

Is it a real FATloss? Not by much. You have to undereat 3500 calories to lose one pound. In four days you may have lost .5 - 1 real pound of fat aprox. (it all depends on your metabolism based on wt/ ability to switch to fat burning mode)

Old 07-15-2008, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 39,863 times
Smile 18 in 4

I would really like to get a copy of that diet. I basically want to use it the way you are using it. I have gained 25 lbs since moving in with my fiance and i am healthy and active, but i need a jump start.

Could you please e-mail me a copy?

Old 07-16-2008, 09:47 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,019,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_breon View Post
I would really like to get a copy of that diet. I basically want to use it the way you are using it. I have gained 25 lbs since moving in with my fiance and i am healthy and active, but i need a jump start.

Could you please e-mail me a copy?
I second this, for the same reasons! (gained about 25lbs over the past 4 yrs since being in my current relationship). I have gotten into a more active lifestyle and have started eating WAY better with fresh fruits, salads, dairy, fresh and proportionally correct meats while really working hard to leave the no-no's alone... but my body just isn't getting the jump start I need. I am interested in a copy.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:36 AM

1 posts, read 39,586 times
Default 18 in 4 diet

I just finished the 18 in 4 diet and it really does work. The 2nd day is the hardest but you can make it through it. It really is worth it. I started at 144 and went to 135. Since doing the diet it made me pay more attention to what I was eating so I haven't gained any back yet. It really is a jump start to get you motivated. I had been doing the south beach diet and it was slower going but Im back to the low carb to keep it in control.
So, to all the bad things people were posting on other boards it really does work if you follow through and do exactly what it says. The hardest part for me was drinking black coffee because I do love my morning coffee. Other than that the food can be very bland but just do it and it will work!

Old 08-18-2008, 12:51 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,645,771 times
why doesn't someone just tell us what the heck you eat on this 18 in 4 diet!!!! I realize that you can't give the details due to copyright, but some info must be available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss