Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 09:57 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

For the past couple years, I drank ALOT of Coke, every single day, I got free fountain drinks at work, so i always had a big drink with me at all times. Needless to say, I had trouble with weight, but the soda was really the main culprit, I figured out I was consuming close to 2 lbs of sugar every day!!

So I switched to the new Coke Zero Sugar about a week and half ago, it has zero sugar and zero calories, but I have not lost a single pound yet..?? Im not sure what the problem is, I still feel bloated, clothes fit exactly the same. I weigh myself every morning and nothing changes.

About 10 yrs ago when I was getting heavy, I switched to diet mountain dew and I noticed the difference the second day, bloating was gone, and the weight came off pretty quick after that, but I didnt stick to it and only lasted about 4 months, but I dropped about 60 lbs within that time period. All I changed was my soda, no changes in food or exercise.

My mother used to always say a person will loose weight in the same way they gained it, if it was gained quickly, it would come off quickly, and vice verse.

Am I just expecting things too soon,or...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 11:08 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
1. You are expecting too much too soon
2. You are assuming your weight loss patterns will be the same as it was when you were younger
3. Cutting coke may not be your magic bullet for weight loss

Old 09-06-2017, 11:17 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Don't get too discouraged. Cutting out drinks with calories is probably the easiest change you can make when losing weight, so long as you're not replacing those calories with extra food that you weren't eating before hand. If you haven't lost any weight yet, cutting out the soda might just have been enough to maintain your weight. Perhaps you had a calorie surplus before you cut out the regular soda? How long have you been at your current weight?

Don't get down on yourself. Just remember that a pound of fat lost is 3500 more calories burned than consumed. A pound of fat gained is 3500 more calories consumed than you burn. So if you were maintaining your weight and you cut out just 500 calories per day, you'd lose a pound per week. And vice versa in gaining a pound per week.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:25 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Ten years ago you were ten years younger.
Stop drinking pop completely and replace it water.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:11 AM

7,258 posts, read 5,131,727 times
There's about 100 g of sugar in a 32 oz Coke. To get 2 lb of sugar, you'd have to drink about 9 qts of Coke. You probably weren't getting as many calories as you think. A 32 oz-er would be about 400 cal-- that's a lot of cal without benefit of any other nutritional value.

Coke Zero contains aspartame as the artificial sweetener- that may interfere with your normal sense of satiety and cause you to inadvertently increase your other food intake. Artificial Sweeteners May Hinder Diet, Weight Loss

Old 09-07-2017, 08:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
There's about 100 g of sugar in a 32 oz Coke. To get 2 lb of sugar, you'd have to drink about 9 qts of Coke.
Yes, thru out the whole day, thats about right.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:45 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,475,528 times
Give up soda. Find an alternative. It is unhealthy whether it is diet or regular. Of course regular is worse but you will not lose any weight drinking diet. It should not even have the word 'diet' in the name.

Drink tea or sugar free lemonade or make your own with sparkling water.

Here's an idea on how much sugar is in coke

Diet drinks are associated with weight gain, new research suggests

Old 09-07-2017, 08:59 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
For the past couple years, I drank ALOT of Coke, every single day, I got free fountain drinks at work, so i always had a big drink with me at all times. Needless to say, I had trouble with weight, but the soda was really the main culprit, I figured out I was consuming close to 2 lbs of sugar every day!!

So I switched to the new Coke Zero Sugar about a week and half ago, it has zero sugar and zero calories, but I have not lost a single pound yet..?? Im not sure what the problem is, I still feel bloated, clothes fit exactly the same. I weigh myself every morning and nothing changes.

About 10 yrs ago when I was getting heavy, I switched to diet mountain dew and I noticed the difference the second day, bloating was gone, and the weight came off pretty quick after that, but I didnt stick to it and only lasted about 4 months, but I dropped about 60 lbs within that time period. All I changed was my soda, no changes in food or exercise.

My mother used to always say a person will loose weight in the same way they gained it, if it was gained quickly, it would come off quickly, and vice verse.

Am I just expecting things too soon,or...?
Get rid of the soda completely and clean up what you are eating as well. Throw in some exercise and you can expect to lose some weight.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:36 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Gave up regular Coke, but.... ...............I had trouble with weight,

Gave up regular Coke, but.........I have not lost a single pound yet..?? Im not sure what the problem is, I still feel bloated, clothes fit exactly the same. I weigh myself every morning and nothing changes.
Coke and ALL sodas are bad for you. Dont drink them. One of the best and easiest things I've ever done for my health was to completely eliminate soda from my life. I grew up drinking soda, loved it, but when I got wise about health and the negative effects of soda on the body I stopped drinking it. Just STOPPED!!! COLD TURKEY!! Easiest health fix there is to do. Just quit it and replace with water or unsweetened iced tea.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:18 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Give up them all, I drank coke stuff when much younger and a mouth of dental work to prove it.

A nice drink is Zero Vitamin Water Revive, no sugar and higher potassium that gives us a nice LIFT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss