Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 01:30 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times

Advertisements

I asked my friend to pick up some walnuts the other day and she brought me a bag of almonds...so here I am eating handfuls of almonds and getting the constipation blues more now. So this info caught my eye and now backing off almonds.

3 ‘Healthy’ Snacks That Are Making You Bloated And Constipated | Nadya Andreeva

Mention is made of soaking almonds. A dear friend who's parents were from Europe always soaked her almonds in a jar of spring water. I was going to do that but didn't...so now I'm soaking what is left in the bag.

And mention is made of goat milk yogurt. I'll get back to it soon enough.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 01-29-2018 at 01:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 03:15 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
Have you ever eaten goat milk yogurt? Maybe it's an acquired taste, but I bought some before, cost four times as much as regular yogurt, and I just kept gagging from the taste.

I make my own yogurt from cow's milk. I've never had a problem with constipation from homemade yogurt, even when I've eaten it for two meals a day.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Have you ever eaten goat milk yogurt? Maybe it's an acquired taste, but I bought some before, cost four times as much as regular yogurt, and I just kept gagging from the taste.

I make my own yogurt from cow's milk. I've never had a problem with constipation from homemade yogurt, even when I've eaten it for two meals a day.
Yes I've purchased organic goat milk yogurt and goat milk cheese...but got lazy and fell for the sweetness of this brown cow cow's milk yogurt... I can remember years ago when babies could not tolerate formulas and cows milk, the mothers would feed them goat milk....

On the money issue, at this point in my life, I don't spend on other stuff, I don't need anything else so don't have an issue with paying a little more for foods...the Brown Cow yogurt was CHEAP too, so I guess I'm paying for cheap. And paying. And was using it instead of say, Ice cream or any sweet for a desert.

Goat milk yogurt is an acquired taste as we are so used to Sweet stuff. The link mentions to add some honey or cinammon to it. I can eat it plain.

I don't know how long the cows milk yogurt stays in the system as I was eating it since the last rehab back in March.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:12 PM

4,560 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I asked my friend to pick up some walnuts the other day and she brought me a bag of almonds...so here I am eating handfuls of almonds and getting the constipation blues more now. So this info caught my eye and now backing off almonds.

3 ‘Healthy’ Snacks That Are Making You Bloated And Constipated | Nadya Andreeva

Mention is made of soaking almonds. A dear friend who's parents were from Europe always soaked her almonds in a jar of spring water. I was going to do that but didn't...so now I'm soaking what is left in the bag.

And mention is made of goat milk yogurt. I'll get back to it soon enough.
Which one of your Doshas did the almonds mess up? Just one? Or all three? Didnt know you are a follower of Auyrvedic lifestyle. They are the ones who came up with the soak your almonds before you eat them thing so it doesnt screw up your doshas or pitta.

That Andreeva woman is full of malarky. She's like so many other dimwits who assume the mantle of "Wellness Expert" in order to spout lots of nonsense to people.

"Alternative" mumbo jumbo like that may be good in terms of exercise/breathing/meditation etc., but DO NOT take nutrition advice from them.

Try raw unsalted almonds. I have never had any problem there.

Goat anything tastes HORRIBLE. I mean HORR-I-BUL!!!

Old 01-30-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Which one of your Doshas did the almonds mess up? Just one? Or all three? Didnt know you are a follower of Auyrvedic lifestyle. They are the ones who came up with the soak your almonds before you eat them thing so it doesnt screw up your doshas or pitta.

That Andreeva woman is full of malarky. She's like so many other dimwits who assume the mantle of "Wellness Expert" in order to spout lots of nonsense to people.

"Alternative" mumbo jumbo like that may be good in terms of exercise/breathing/meditation etc., but DO NOT take nutrition advice from them.

Try raw unsalted almonds. I have never had any problem there.

Goat anything tastes HORRIBLE. I mean HORR-I-BUL!!!
Auyrevedic is not the American way but it is the way of other people in other parts of the world. There are more in other parts of the world than the U.S. I keep an open mind to all people's healings.

I never went totally into this healing protocol but some. And I like goat milk products. Thank you and I'm one who keeps an open mind to many ways of healing and living.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:02 PM

4,560 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Auyrevedic is not the American way..........................
But its the way of the info provided on the link you posted. Are you just cherry picking bits of pieces of something that seems to match what you think may apply to you and ignoring all the rest, or did you just post whatever came up on your google search and didnt even bother to read it?

Old 01-31-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
But its the way of the info provided on the link you posted. Are you just cherry picking bits of pieces of something that seems to match what you think may apply to you and ignoring all the rest, or did you just post whatever came up on your google search and didnt even bother to read it?
To be very clear when I was searching for the info that I did post, I didn't realize it was Auyrevedic and it does not matter anyway...it sounded good to my ears to hear what this person was saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss