Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2018, 05:53 PM

12,036 posts, read 6,567,177 times

Advertisements

I did a search and was surprised no one has posted anything on this diet yet.
https://www.amazon.com/Fast-Metaboli...dp_kinw_strp_1

I am just finishing the first week of this diet after I watched three friends lose and keep a lot of weight off from it.
I eat very healthy and exercise, but my metabolism has slowed down with age and just keeps adding pounds no matter what. I have three more weeks to go, but have aleady lost four pounds.

There are over 3,700 comments on it at Amazon, and they are pretty amazing testimonies. The plan is to fire up your metabolism and get it to work and be healthy again. It's based on good science and there's no calorie counting or starving -- in fact I can't even eat all the portions and amounts required -- three meals a day with two snacks broken into different phases with different emphases. It's complicated but really healthy and worth it.
I have tons of energy after just the first week, almost feel hyper on it. Also, a lot of the commenters on Amazon said they had relief from arthritis and joint pain, as it's a real anti-inflammatory diet.

Anyone else do this diet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 07:07 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
I doubt it is some miracle diet. There are tons of books out there with all kinds of different ways of eating and they all make the same claims and they all have tons of great reviews. If any of them really worked everyone would know about it and follow it. But it may work for you and it sounds like you are off to a good start. Keep us posted.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:02 AM

12,036 posts, read 6,567,177 times
^^^ I agree on all the diets out there that don't work, I've tried some with much frustration.
But I watched three different friends who have struggled for years with dieting, lose a little and gain it back. So after watching them being able for the first time to KEEP the weight off, it made me think perhaps this really does fire up ones metabolism. It seems to be working for me. But I'm only just finishing the first week

It is well known and a NYT best seller with all the interviews with the usual suspects --Dr. OZ,
PBS did a thing on it, and a TED talk. So it's not a hokey new fad thing. There's a Facebook community with success stories and support. I've waded through about 200 of the 3,700 comments on Amazon and most people learned about it from word of mouth from success of a relative, coworker, or friend. So like my three friends, there's a good track record of success.

And you never feel hungry on it -- big plus for me.

Just wondering if there have been others here who tried it with success in KEEPING the weight off. That's what's supposed to be different -- it heals and charges up the sluggish metabolism.

Last edited by mountainrose; 03-04-2018 at 02:28 AM..

Old 03-04-2018, 04:43 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
I haven't tried it. But it's an interesting concept. Based on another post on this board, I've been reading posts by Jason Seib. He has a .pdf program available called AltShift and it sounds very similar. He was a long-time Paleo advocate. Not for weightloss but for health. He and his wife had been eating Paleo for about 7 years. She was a size 18 (having 3 children in 4 years didn't help her). But she was eating good food. But obviously too much of it. He started tweaking her diet a bit and cycling 5 days on low-carb and then 3 days on low-fat. There is calorie reduction involved also, or it would not work and he is clear about that. But his overall point was that you do get adaptive thermogenysis and shaking things up every few days with different types of eating (as we would in our prehistoric days) is something the body is built for. His blogs and podcasts are interesting and extremely common sense.

So this sounds sort of like the same thing. But you must know that for it to work, you do have to be eating at a deficit. But if this way of eating keeps you satisfied and you feel good and it works, then it's all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss