Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 07:35 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,116 times

Advertisements

@AFURAKANI:

I'm offended by the meat, fish, poultry and eggs listing. Why do you assume everyone eats that crap? They don't, and for very good reasons (the sufferings of the animals, the negative effect on the environment, the chemical contaminants, the high cholesterol).

And the words themselves are illogical:

MEATS, FISH and POULTRY

Fish and poultry are "MEATS" -- so essentially you're saying MEAT, MEAT and MEAT. Kind of gross. You might as well say what it really is: blood, guts, terrified screaming.

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 12-30-2018 at 08:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 07:45 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,246,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I'm offended by the meat, fish, poultry and eggs listing. Why do you assume everyone eats that crap? They don't, and for very good reasons (the sufferings of the animals, the negative effect on the environment, the chemical contaminants, the high cholesterol).

And the words themselves are illogical:

MEATS, FISH and POULTRY

Fish and poultry are "MEATS" -- so essentially you're saying MEAT, MEAT and MEAT. Kind of gross. You might as well say what it really is: blood, guts, terrified screaming.
I'm speaking strictly from a low carbohydrate standpoint. I didn't say it was a "perfect" list.
So, of course you may feel free to add to the list or delete anything from the list that offends you ethically.

I'm deleting Brussels Sprouts because I just plain don't like 'em.

Last edited by eaton53; 12-30-2018 at 07:54 AM..

Old 12-30-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I'm speaking strictly from a low carbohydrate standpoint.
Of course, you may feel free to add to or delete anything from the list that offends you ethically.
My reference was to AFURAKANI's posts.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:59 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,274,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith David View Post
So for a couple weeks now I’ve been keeping to a very strict low calorie diet and I’m not sure if it is working/will work at all. My diet includes 3 meals a day consisting strictly of eggs, various vege, wholemeal bread, fruits, water and milk. I’m trying to keep under 1400 calories a day and am succeeding at doing this so far. I’m 19 years old and I currently weight around 105 kg and am hoping to lose at least 20 pounds by the end of the year by keeping to this low calorie diet. Most of my meals are mainly toasted sandwiches with (per sandwich) scrambled eggs (1 egg) half a small tomato, lettuce, 1/4 an avocado and a small amount of pepper. I’ve been eating One sandwich for breakfast and two for lunch and dinner with occasional fruits as snacks in between. I’ve been reading a lot online about the downsides of eating too many eggs or too much bread and that it may cause issues with weight loss but am also seeing articles encouraging the use of eggs in a low calorie diet and that it’s nothing to worry about so I’m a little mislead on what to believe at this point. I guess my question is will I reach my goal of getting down to 95kg by the end of this year if I stick to this low calorie diet or will i get nowhere.

Additional info

I do occasionally eat different types of meals like salads and small amounts of meats but most the time I stick to the sandwich recipe.

I’m a male

I weigh 105kg 233 lbs

I’m 6 foot 3 inches
You're probably not going to be successful trying to lose weight that way! All calories are not the same. In fact, you shouldn't be counting calories at all! Eating 3 meals, plus snacks will keep your insulin level high all the time, which will make it very difficult, if not impossible to lose weight. Eating grains is not healthy like you are thinking. Some people think that eating tomatoes is not healthy due to the high lectin in tomatoes.

Calorie restricted diets almost always end in long term weight loss failure. It's an extreme long shot that you'll have success, trying to lose weight using the method that you are using.

Your chance of successfully losing weight would be much higher if you eliminate all the snacking and cut down to two meals a day, or one meal a day. The diet needs to be gradually changed over time, so your body can adjust to the changes. Cut out the grains from your diet. Cut out the vegetable oil, Crisco, and other grain based oils. Cut out the bread, especially the whole grain bread. Also, look up the types of foods in a Keto diet, and eat those types of foods. A restricted calorie, high carb, low fat diet will most likely fail. You need to be doing a high healthy fat, low carb diet with time restricted eating. Counting calories is totally unnecessary. You eat until you are full.

If you decide to make those changes, make sure to post updates about your weight loss. You will probably notice the weight loss right away. When I switched to two meals a day with a 16 hour fasting time window, my first week was a 7 pound weight loss. The first month was 18 pounds. The second month was 12 pounds, the third month was 8 pounds, the forth month was 4 pounds. I am 4 inches shorter than you are, and weighed 6 pounds more before I started my weight loss journey.

Decades ago, I lost serious weight, three times in my life, with calorie restricted diets, like you are attempting now. Each time, the long term results ended with failure. All the weight that was lost, was re-gained, plus additional pounds. Calorie restricted diets, and counting calories, will very likely result in failure in the longer term.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:00 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,246,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
My reference was to AFURAKANI's posts.
Oh... you quoted me.
No problem, I know where you're coming from.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Oh... you quoted me.
No problem, I know where you're coming from.
I fixed it. Sorry.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:46 AM

1 posts, read 545 times
I would like to know whether you have reached your goal.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
So for a couple weeks now I’ve been keeping to a very strict low calorie diet and I’m not sure if it is working/will work at all. My diet includes 3 meals a day consisting strictly of eggs, various vege, wholemeal bread, fruits, water and milk. I’m trying to keep under 1400 calories a day and am succeeding at doing this so far. I’m 19 years old and I currently weight around 105 kg and am hoping to lose at least 20 pounds by the end of the year by keeping to this low calorie diet. Most of my meals are mainly toasted sandwiches with (per sandwich) scrambled eggs (1 egg) half a small tomato, lettuce, 1/4 an avocado and a small amount of pepper. I’ve been eating One sandwich for breakfast and two for lunch and dinner with occasional fruits as snacks in between. I’ve been reading a lot online about the downsides of eating too many eggs or too much bread and that it may cause issues with weight loss but am also seeing articles encouraging the use of eggs in a low calorie diet and that it’s nothing to worry about so I’m a little mislead on what to believe at this point. I guess my question is will I reach my goal of getting down to 95kg by the end of this year if I stick to this low calorie diet or will i get nowhere.

Additional info

I do occasionally eat different types of meals like salads and small amounts of meats but most the time I stick to the sandwich recipe.

I’m a male

I weigh 105kg 233 lbs

I’m 6 foot 3 inches
It's been almost 3 months since you started this thread. Have you lost any weight attempting to count calories, and eating a restricted calorie diet?

You're eating many meals a day, which is going to keep your insulin elevated, which is going to make you gain weight. The restricted calorie diet is going to reduce your metabolism, and eventually, the hunger is going to take over, and you will regain any weight you lost, and gain even more weight.

It is possible to eat only one meal a day and feel no hunger sensation after fasting for 24 hours. I've fasted longer, for 47 hours and still didn't feel any hunger sensation. I used to feel hungry after only a few hours when I was attempting to lose weight using the calorie restricted method. When I tried the calorie restricted diets, they always ended in failure. All the weight was regained and more weight was added.

I was able to successfully lose weight using 16/8 intermittent fasting and now 23/1 OMAD plus Keto.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:03 AM

16 posts, read 11,102 times
Quote:

Additional info

I’m a male

I weigh 105kg 233 lbs

I’m 6 foot 3 inches
So you are prity tall myb 1400 caloris is a bit litle for you sou ther are plenty of sites on internet that can helpe you calculate how meny calories you should intake to losse weight.

(Sorry for my english I am from croatia)

Old 01-21-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:

Additional info

I’m a male

I weigh 105kg 233 lbs

I’m 6 foot 3 inches
I used to eat two meals a day for over a year, and I’ve been eating one meal a day for five months. I never count calories! If you’re counting calories, then you’re actually doing a restricted calorie diet, which will almost certainly fail in the long run. Here’s a video that explains why counting calories is stupid.

https://youtu.be/pMzLXGKNaVg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss