Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 04:18 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,247,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
I wouldn't use carbquik or any other low carb substitute flours or bread, they still contain wheat.
Wheat and this other stuff doesn't bother me. I only care about low net carbs.
Fried chicken using Carbquik for the coating tastes good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 02:59 AM

1 posts, read 883 times
I have started keto myself and having good success with it. I feel younger than my age and now high in self confidence. If anyone wants a free ebook i got from my neighbour about keto, please feel free to inbox me, i will happily share. After all, we are all in this together

Old 11-15-2018, 07:54 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
That's just fine but Keto is NOT just about carbs, it's about good nutrition. Carb count alone doesn't tell enough. I care what I put in my body and I don't base it on carb count alone. In my opinion, modern wheat and especially white flour is poison. Cake and ice cream taste great too but...

Old 11-15-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Cake and ice cream taste great too but...
When I have a "Free Day", I eat those too.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:44 PM

3,972 posts, read 5,163,440 times
Quote:
If you want low net carbs and a crispy, tasty coating use almond flour and a mix of shredded and powdered Parmesan cheese. Add whatever spices you like too.

You can also make a delicious breading using pork rinds. Crush them and use them instead of almond flour. The BBQ rinds are especially good.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
You can also make a delicious breading using pork rinds. Crush them and use them instead of almond flour. The BBQ rinds are especially good.
I hate pork rinds.
As far as I'm concerned, Carbquik is a perfect fried chicked coating. Low carb, tastes great.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I hate pork rinds.
As far as I'm concerned, Carbquik is a perfect fried chicked coating. Low carb, tastes great.
Carbquik is highly processed. Look at the ingredient list -

CarbaloseTM flour (enzyme enriched wheat, vital wheat gluten, wheat fiber, high-protein patent wheat flour, soy fiber, canola oil, salt, emulsifiers, enzymes, ascorbic acid, calcium propionate), palm and palm-kernel oil, buttermilk powder, baking powder, egg white powder, lecithin, salt, natural flavors.

They strip out everything to make it low carb, then add in emulsifiers, oils, soy fiber and canola oil. Serious Frankenfood right there. It's like margarine of the flour world. You may be getting low carbs, but what else are you doing to your body with this "food"?

Old 11-16-2018, 10:35 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
Carbquik is highly processed. Look at the ingredient list -

CarbaloseTM flour (enzyme enriched wheat, vital wheat gluten, wheat fiber, high-protein patent wheat flour, soy fiber, canola oil, salt, emulsifiers, enzymes, ascorbic acid, calcium propionate), palm and palm-kernel oil, buttermilk powder, baking powder, egg white powder, lecithin, salt, natural flavors.

They strip out everything to make it low carb, then add in emulsifiers, oils, soy fiber and canola oil. Serious Frankenfood right there. It's like margarine of the flour world. You may be getting low carbs, but what else are you doing to your body with this "food"?
if she likes it and it helps her with her diet, does it really matter? I eat processed food at times, doesn't bother me. She faces far more health issues continuing to be overweight.

i wouldn't call pork rinds all that healthy either.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
if she likes it and it helps her with her diet, does it really matter? I eat processed food at times, doesn't bother me. She faces far more health issues continuing to be overweight.
All I'm saying is that stuff is a mash of processed ingredients doing who knows what to your insides. There are better ways to have a low carb diet.

Quote:
i wouldn't call pork rinds all that healthy either.
Pork rinds are a low carb substitute for potato chips etc. I don't eat them every day, but they are good for those crunchy salty snack attacks. Using them as a breading is kind of a pain since you have to pulverize an entire bag to get enough to use. I prefer the almond flour\Parmesan mix myself.

Old 11-16-2018, 12:05 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Sorry, I have to laugh at this debate between Carbquick and pork rinds. It's like comparing apples to apples. Neither are good for you. Whether it's highly processed or deep fried. I love it how people defend a food they enjoy eating without accepting nutritional data about said food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss