Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 07:29 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,252,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I try to avoid anything Dr. Oz recommends.
Yeah... thanks, but no thanks to him and Dr. Fill (I don't know if he's even selling anything because I'm not paying attention).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 10:07 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,612,356 times
I tried Green Coffee Bean Extract on Amazon a yr ago. Had 2 bottles.

It may have eventually slowed my eating & appetite, dunno. It is worth a try IMHO. I may buy again & retry. I need something to blunt appetite later in day.

I do IF w/ one big meal daily about 5hrs after awaking & then only h2o, black coffee, tea (or wine, my fav, hehee) til bed. Now coffee has tons of supposed goodies as in lowering appetite, preventing Type 2 diabtes, antioxidants for heart & cancers, etc. Who knows tho as caffeine can offset this.

Decaf also has many of same benefit but the decaf process need be Swiss Water Extraction I think, or else increases bad cholesterol or something such. I read it yrs ago & haven't looked back.

Ok, just my .02.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:43 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,165,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Even flavored coffee? See:

https://www.amazon.com/San-Marco-Cof...ee+beans+whole

San Marcos has all kinds of flavors and you get a grinder for the beans: smells heavenly. Just avoid the sugar and dairy.

Nom nom.
I've never had good flavored coffee. It tastes fake and usually overpowering.

I find it interesting that they don't tell you what they use to flavor their coffee. They don't tell you how it's flavored either. Most likely it's artificial flavorings ( a.k.a. chemicals). They claim it goes from the roaster right into a bag that is then vacuum sealed. Do they flavor it during roasting or after? If it's after, then they are lying about it going from roaster to sealed bag.

Old 03-02-2019, 03:14 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,015,804 times
I love me my coffee - hot and black please! But no flavors, they drive me nuts. The husband can't even brew himself a flavored coffee because it lingers into the next pot and I can taste it. Blech! But I do have to switch to decaf later in the day.

But I do drink green tea, not really for weight loss purposes though. Because it's a healthy tea option and a good option while fasting.

I love me my hot beverages, especially in winter!

Old 03-02-2019, 08:46 AM

3 posts, read 1,248 times
I love the smell of coffee but I do not drink it ... eh, eh
makes me anxious, I prefer a nice herbal tea, or green tea.
especially in winter, a nice hot herbal tea regenerates me. now I'm trying a red tea that is also detox, it's good, let's hope you purify me too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss