Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 01:28 AM

10 posts, read 8,887 times

Advertisements

I have done a little bit of research on green coffee beans and its effects on weight loss. I have read some reviews and stuff out there but i don´t know. Reviews are always so optimistic online but peoples comments vary, some say its BS. there are probably lots of different green coffee products out there but the one I feel curious about I read, was recommended on TV https://weightbuck.home.blog/2018/11...an-max-review/
Have anyone tried it and if soo did it work?
I also read different studies that seem to indicate weight loss effects from using green coffee beans https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...95764516301067
according to that study, Green coffee beans has a potential anti-obesity effect. And in this article they suggest evidence that green or unroasted coffee beans can produce a substantial decrease in body weight in a relatively short period of time (and i quote)
https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/p...ight-loss.html

I think it sound interesting but i can´t decide if I belive in green coffee beans for weight loss or not and i dont want to wast my money.
Any opinions? have anyone tried it? did it work? let me know.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 07:39 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,143 times
Coffee is cited as good in conjunction with IF, but on its own by itself, I think it might make me sick. There is something called Bulletproof coffee that keto does. It has heavy cream, no sugar. Cinnamon is also good in coffee. You can drink black coffee without breaking a fast. And here's the vegan version:

Bulletproof coffee (vegan)
2 Cups Strongly Brewed Coffee
1/2 - 1 Tbs Coconut Oil to taste, melted
1-2 Tbs Natural Almond Butter
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
Organic Stevia drops to taste
Cinnamon to taste

That's all I know about coffee. Green tea is highly recommended for a number of reasons but coffee, don't know.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:48 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,254,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Coffee is cited as good in conjunction with IF, but on its own by itself, I think it might make me sick.
I'll never know because I absolutely hate the taste of coffee.
I drink a heck of a lot of water.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:35 AM

thanks for the response kara.
The green coffee beans that are used for weight loss are supposedly the coffee beans in their natural condition before they are roasted to be consumed by coffee drinkers. it is in the form of extracts (capsules) i think, so i don't know if it taste coffee but it contains caffeine and other things that help to increase metabolism. so they say at least. I have seen a bottle on amazon, i think its pills.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I'll never know because I absolutely hate the taste of coffee.
I drink a heck of a lot of water.
Even flavored coffee? See:

https://www.amazon.com/San-Marco-Cof...ee+beans+whole

San Marcos has all kinds of flavors and you get a grinder for the beans: smells heavenly. Just avoid the sugar and dairy.

Nom nom.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitdan View Post
thanks for the response kara.
The green coffee beans that are used for weight loss are supposedly the coffee beans in their natural condition before they are roasted to be consumed by coffee drinkers. it is in the form of extracts (capsules) i think, so i don't know if it taste coffee but it contains caffeine and other things that help to increase metabolism. so they say at least. I have seen a bottle on amazon, i think its pills.
Sounds scary to me. I'd avoid it. Caffeine taken for its own sake might cause heart racing or sleep disorders. I have coffee early in the morning but never during the day as it affects my sleep.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:34 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,254,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Even flavored coffee? See:

https://www.amazon.com/San-Marco-Cof...ee+beans+whole

San Marcos has all kinds of flavors and you get a grinder for the beans: smells heavenly. Just avoid the sugar and dairy.

Nom nom.
No kind of coffee, Kara.
Most people are like you... they love the smell of it. It doesn't make me ill or anything, but I'm not a fan.
My wife would always tell me "It tastes like chocolate milk!" Yeah, but it smells like coffee!

Tea's better than coffee, but I don't drink it, either.

I have something called "Ginseng Energy Now" which are herbal energy tablets.
They're cheap, wake you right up and never give me the shakes.

https://www.amazon.com/ENERGY-GINSEN.../dp/B000S39VEU

Ingredients:
Eleuthro(Eleuthrococcus senticosus --root), Guarana seed (extract), Yerba Mate (leaves), Taurine, Ashwaghanda (withania somnifera) (root), Ginko Biloba (leaves), Korena Ginseng (Panax Ginseng), Suma (ptatta paniculata) (root), Ho Sho Wu (Fo-ti), Echinacea (Echinacea purpurea) (aerial parts), Goldenseal (root), Gotu Kola, Green Tea-------bonding agents, calcium carbonate, alfalfa powder, stearic acid, cellulose, magnesium stearate, and silicon dioxide.

Don't ask me what most of that stuff is.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:33 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitdan View Post
Green coffee for weight loss? Can these findings be real?

Thanks
No. It takes a lot more than just drinking any color/types of coffee to lose weight. Anyone with more than 8th grade health education knows this.

Proper nutritional intake along with intense exercise program over an extended period of time is what is required for long term, healthy, weight loss. No " green coffee.." or "red tea" b.s. is required.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:02 PM

Thanks for the responses I understand that proper diet and some exercise is important, I found a website that includes diet and fitness programs and bonuses if i buy it from them., but maybe that is why they include bonuses like that? because the green coffee beans don't work?

In that case, I can get exercise and diet tutorials for free on youtube so that wont do it.
my question is really if someone have used green coffee beans to lose weight and what their experience is like. did it have any effect?

Lots of people must have used it because it has been out for some time now one of the studies i read was published 2012. have anyone used green coffee beans to lose weight and if so, what was the result?

Old 11-27-2018, 06:11 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,051,409 times
I try to avoid anything Dr. Oz recommends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss