Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 08:07 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Any diet can get good results. Its the ability to eat a certain way indefinitely. That is where most people fail.

Do you have any ideas how many 'ground breaking' diets have been concocted by doctors over the years?
Get back to us in a year or two.
I've been following the recommendations since August 2017 and it's been ridiculously easy for me to follow and maintain the great results that I got after I reversed diabetes and dropped the weight I needed to lose....I agree that other diets that I've tried in the past worked for a short period of time and then failed...not this one as far as I can see, everyone that I'm aware of that tries it succeeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 09:36 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I've been following the recommendations since August 2017 and it's been ridiculously easy for me to follow and maintain the great results that I got after I reversed diabetes and dropped the weight I needed to lose....I agree that other diets that I've tried in the past worked for a short period of time and then failed...not this one as far as I can see, everyone that I'm aware of that tries it succeeds.
If it does the job for you, then that's great. Ultimately, it's all about a person reaching their weight loss goals. There are many avenues to a common result which is weight loss and, in turn, better health.

I personally couldn't stand a diet like Plant Paradox or any other restrictive diet. And that's the rub right there - many people simply don't want to start those diets and at the end of the day the desire has to be there in order for it to work. Since I don't have any disorders that I know of, thankfully, there's no medical reason why I need to restrict foods but again, you've lost and have kept it off and that's great.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:23 AM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Any diet can get good results. Its the ability to eat a certain way indefinitely. That is where most people fail.

Do you have any ideas how many 'ground breaking' diets have been concocted by doctors over the years?
Get back to us in a year or two.
I've essentially been following most of it since March of 2017 (only consciously for maybe the last 60-65% of that time) and, except for diabetes not being in the equation at all, I've also had great results.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
If it does the job for you, then that's great. Ultimately, it's all about a person reaching their weight loss goals. There are many avenues to a common result which is weight loss and, in turn, better health.

I personally couldn't stand a diet like Plant Paradox or any other restrictive diet. And that's the rub right there - many people simply don't want to start those diets and at the end of the day the desire has to be there in order for it to work. Since I don't have any disorders that I know of, thankfully, there's no medical reason why I need to restrict foods but again, you've lost and have kept it off and that's great.
For me it really wasn't about weight loss goals as much as I wanted to prevent going on diabetes medicines. I had no idea that I would be able to lose all of my excess fat and get a flat stomach which I hadn't had since I was early 20's. But after I lost 10, then 15, then 20, then 25lbs, I just said this is easy, I'm going for the gold (flat stomach) and did just that.

Had I had perfect BMI weight, perfect sugar number, perfect blood pressure, ideal cholesterol, etc. and no evidence of disease or unhealthy and I was happy with my diet when I heard about it, I definitely wouldn't have done it....sounds like that's where you are so great.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I've essentially been following most of it since March of 2017 (only consciously for maybe the last 60-65% of that time) and, except for diabetes not being in the equation at all, I've also had great results.
Great to hear. Yeah, I'm probably only about 60% compliant now but I retire in a few weeks and should be able to better regulate what I eat.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:44 AM

17 Month Update:

Weight when I started Plant Paradox - 234
Current weight - 193

Fasting blood sugar when I started - 160
Current - 95

Blood pressure when started - 140/100
Current - 115/75

My current BMI is ideal, cholesterol is ideal, body fat is extremely low at 10% and muscle mass extremely high at 45%, fitness level is improved drammatically.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:36 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
The fact that you made the effort to share this info is wonderful.

I actually sat and watched the entire video of Dr. Gundry's 3 days ago that pops up all
over my screen ...annoyingly, lol.
I am very impressed with
his credentials, wow! Yale, heart surgeon, plus more. And I know the challenges he would have speaking
to Harvard MDs that are bent on drugs as cures. The AMA does not like natural, common sense cures, that's for sure!
Talk to Doug Kaufmann about that! ("The Fungus Link")

I already went to the Health food store to buy 90% of things already in his $50 bottle of Total Rescue...
haha, plus ordered a bottle...couldn't wait.
I already feel better. But, I was feeling run down because of my own bad habits in the past few months...so I could really feel the change.

Funny, I pretty much already eat the way he likes...except for a little peanut butter, eggplant (parmesan), some tomatoes....so this
change will be super easy. Don't need bread either, but will switch to gluten free anything.
Atkins success, and the book 'Protein Power' broke me of refined carbs and grains decades ago!!

Lectins are the enemy found in these foods..making holes in the thin outer lining of our intestines!
Yes, being educated on his research and results is imp.
Otherwise I would give a summary and give a list of what to buy.

But, nope...better to understand ''why" one needs to apply his suggestions...I've known this for decades:
"Understand how something works and you are more likely to keep up the good work."

Old 01-16-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
The fact that you made the effort to share this info is wonderful.

I actually sat and watched the entire video of Dr. Gundry's 3 days ago that pops up all
over my screen ...annoyingly, lol.
I am very impressed with
his credentials, wow! Yale, heart surgeon, plus more. And I know the challenges he would have speaking
to Harvard MDs that are bent on drugs as cures. The AMA does not like natural, common sense cures, that's for sure!
Talk to Doug Kaufmann about that! ("The Fungus Link")

I already went to the Health food store to buy 90% of things already in his $50 bottle of Total Rescue...
haha, plus ordered a bottle...couldn't wait.
I already feel better. But, I was feeling run down because of my own bad habits in the past few months...so I could really feel the change.

Funny, I pretty much already eat the way he likes...except for a little peanut butter, eggplant (parmesan), some tomatoes....so this
change will be super easy. Don't need bread either, but will switch to gluten free anything.
Atkins success, and the book 'Protein Power' broke me of refined carbs and grains decades ago!!

Lectins are the enemy found in these foods..making holes in the thin outer lining of our intestines!
Yes, being educated on his research and results is imp.
Otherwise I would give a summary and give a list of what to buy.

But, nope...better to understand ''why" one needs to apply his suggestions...I've known this for decades:
"Understand how something works and you are more likely to keep up the good work."
My results have been unbelievable by following this diet or health plan if you will. Some of the premises that Dr. Gundry asserts are controversial so I was wondering what type of results others are getting following this plan...if you don't mind sharing any information either general or specific results you are getting from following this "diet," I would be most interested to hear it.

Hope you get great results!

Old 04-23-2019, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
My results have been unbelievable by following this diet or health plan if you will. Some of the premises that Dr. Gundry asserts are controversial so I was wondering what type of results others are getting following this plan...if you don't mind sharing any information either general or specific results you are getting from following this "diet," I would be most interested to hear it.

Hope you get great results!
I got diagnosed with RA on 3/1/19. No other health issues at all. My RA doctor wanted me to start on Methotrexate. That wasn't going to happen. I never do pills of any kind. I was searching the web about RA and came across Dr.Gundry. I started reading about him and came to the conclusion that he was very respectable. As a person if you know what I mean. What he offered was way better than what my Dr. offered. I started his diet on 3/7 and so far things are going great. Its been a month and a half and my pain level is way down. Before diet pain level was a 8 or 9. Now a 1 or less... I think he is really good at what he does. He's got my vote... Tom

Old 04-23-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy60 View Post
I got diagnosed with RA on 3/1/19. No other health issues at all. My RA doctor wanted me to start on Methotrexate. That wasn't going to happen. I never do pills of any kind. I was searching the web about RA and came across Dr.Gundry. I started reading about him and came to the conclusion that he was very respectable. As a person if you know what I mean. What he offered was way better than what my Dr. offered. I started his diet on 3/7 and so far things are going great. Its been a month and a half and my pain level is way down. Before diet pain level was a 8 or 9. Now a 1 or less... I think he is really good at what he does. He's got my vote... Tom
Happy to hear it Chevy, hope you continue to get better and stronger!

I continue to follow the premises of the diet recommendations for the most part and my results continue to be outstanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss