Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2019, 09:32 AM

6,297 posts, read 4,195,051 times

Advertisements

I took a wee break from strictly paleo and the results have proven to me that regular consumption of "white" stuff is not healthy for ME. While I wanted to lose weight, which I did, the main issue was health and for over six months I stuck with it and felt very healthy. After a paleo break I physically hurt and have reverted to my pre paleo pain in my lower back, hips and legs to the point that it wakes me up.
There was nothing wrong with a rare slip of non paleo foods, BUT the regular consumption is obviously not good for my body. So back to full paleo and we will see how long before those aches disappear.

My exercise routine by the way had not changed during the winter months, walking daily or 1 to 2 hour hikes on trails, nor my water consumption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 10:47 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,252,935 times
When I'm at home, any break is never more than a couple of days.
The only time I'd take a longer break is when I'm on vacation. Even then I try to stick to it if possible.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:47 AM

6,297 posts, read 4,195,051 times
It’s only been a week back on full paleo and what a huge difference and improvement. The body pain has disappeared and I managed to lose half a pound. I doubt I will ever go back to eating white products on a regular basis.

I don’t suggest that paleo is the answer for everyone, there are different needs based on age, gender, health issues , lifestyle, etc, but for me I’ve finally found a diet I can live with indefinitely. So far I’ve lost 28lbs and I don’t crave or feel hungry, Dont need to count calories , and best of all I feel healthy.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:28 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
You stop any diet/way of eating/disciplined eating/whatever you want to call it......many times you start putting on weight and you may see your healthy decline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss