Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 04:47 AM

177 posts, read 131,614 times

Advertisements

Hello all
It seems to be every time I try and watch what I eat and become healthier .Mycoworkers go out of their way to start offering me bad food and unhealthy food such as cookies cake ,candy ,sodas it’s like these particular coworkers monitor what I eat , even what time I go to lunch . It’s so bizarre to me

I thought well maybe it’s just a coincidence but I actually tested it out
During the whole month of December I ate everything and I ended up gaining ten pounds during that time no one weren’t offering me all the bad food ..

Now that I’m watching what I eat and I’m loosing weight these particular women are going out of their way to sabotage me crazy thing is I haven’t told anyone I’m on a diet or I’m watching what I eat

And to add the thing is they are all smaller than me ..actually they themselves are petite and I’m obese
It feels like a competition in a sense and I’m taken back because I just want to be healthier .

I m blown away that someone would be evil, nafarious,and diabolical to try and do this to someone
Would anyone know the psychology behind why people do this to others ?

Old 02-06-2019, 05:21 AM

924 posts, read 1,677,235 times
They cannot be trying to sabotage something they don't even know about.

More likely is that they enjoy baking and cooking, or purchasing sweets and treats, and then they bring it to the office because they don't want to eat it themselves. If you do eat it, then you are confirming that it was a reasonable decision on their part. This is how they stay skinny and still satisfy the urge to bake or bring something to the office to share.

I think I would arm myself with a bag of healthy snacks everyday so you don't feel deprived if you walk away from the sweet treats. You could also consider bringing enough to share one day, maybe trying to start a healthier trend in the office - unbuttered, salted popcorn is a good option.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:36 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
More likely is that they enjoy baking and cooking, or purchasing sweets and treats, and then they bring it to the office because they don't want to eat it themselves. If you do eat it, then you are confirming that it was a reasonable decision on their part. This is how they stay skinny and still satisfy the urge to bake or bring something to the office to share.
As a "petite" person who loves to bake, this is a possibility! I make cookies for the church coffee hour, where there are a lot of people to enjoy them and the leftovers can be frozen in the church refrigerator and served some other time. I don't want them at home. Since you're overweight and have eaten what they baked in the past, they probably figure you're a good recipient for all of their efforts.

I'd fabricate a little and tell them that your doctor has told you to cut back sharply on refined sugar and fats because it's endangering your health. That last part is true even if you haven't had a conversation with the doctor! I live in an area with mixed demographics and it saddens me to see so many people in the grocery stores on scooters- most are either severely overweight (not sure which came first, the lack of mobility or the weight gain) or have an empty sock where a foot used to be before they lost it to diabetes. It catches up with you.

And then stick to your guns. You're on the right path!

Old 02-06-2019, 08:28 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,254,576 times
"No, thanks" works very well. I do it all the time.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:39 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Just refrain. They can't make you eat those things. I don't think they're willfully trying to derail your efforts but they aren't helping. Sooner or later they'll get the hint.

As a previous poster said, carry snacks that are healthy OR just take a small amount of what is offered to you if it means that you'll obsess about it later.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:41 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
I doubt they are trying to sabotage you. You just may be more aware of these types of foods now that you are on a diet. You need to get into the proper mind set so you can ignore all the food. I would suggest bring your own lunch and snacks.
If anyone offers you food just say 'no thank you' and leave it at that.
The only one that can sabotage your diet is YOU.

Last edited by Luckyd609; 02-06-2019 at 10:58 AM..

Old 02-06-2019, 10:35 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,254,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I would suggest bring your own lunch and snacks.
I figured out the easy route to OMAD... I bring nothing to work!

Old 02-06-2019, 11:14 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,575,509 times
Unless they're pinning you down and forcing food down your throat, you're the responsible one.

Successful weight loss and/or management stems from choices you make independent of external influences. I'm sorry if that's a bit blunt, but it's true nonetheless.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:20 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbieontheblock86 View Post
I m blown away that someone would be evil, nafarious,and diabolical to try and do this to someone
Would anyone know the psychology behind why people do this to others ?
If you haven't told anyone that you're watching what you eat, then they aren't behaving any differently than they did back in December when you happily took the treats on offer. They aren't evil for not knowing that you changed the rules. You are the captain of your fate here. They can offer, and you can say, "no, thank you."

Old 02-08-2019, 01:47 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
"No, thanks" works very well. I do it all the time.
This is what I did....they'll get the message eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss