Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,349 times

Advertisements

keto diet, maybe

Old 04-11-2019, 07:23 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,115,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyreview21 View Post
Hi Rena,
My wife was going through the same thing you are describing. She was always just about 115 pounds before having our child. She didn't really gain that much. She just wanted to lose her baby fat. She tried a lot of different diet plans and exercise routines. A year after having our beautiful daughter she found out she had a tumor in her spinal cord. It wasn't cancer, thank God, but she had to have it removed. She gained a lot of weight from the steroids and just not being able to be active. After 6 months of physical therapy, she was ready to get back to trying to lose weight. She started her diet but I never saw her exercising. So, after a few weeks I started noticing that she had loss weight. I also noticed something new in her diet this time. She was eating what I was eating and not felling guilty about it. I support her in everything she does, so one day were eating breakfast and I asked her "do you think you should be eating that Babe?" She just smiled and kept eating. She later told me about this belly fat burning program, one of her fitness friend recommended she try. She told me she had be working the program for about a week and had already loss around 7 pounds. I was amazed because I could really see the loss. So the next morning, she I asked what did the program consist of. She handed me her coffee mug and I was like "no way" because I don't like coffee at all, but she said, "it's not coffee" "just try it" "it's the reason I'm losing weight so fast." I took a sip, thinking "OMG another nasty diet drink," but it was actually good. She suggested I try it because I have been wanting to lose my beer belly. It tasted good so I started the next morning. After a week I had lost 6 pounds. I ended up working the program with her and I didn't regret it. I lost 15 pounds in about 21 days. So when people say there is no way to lose weight fast without diet or exercise, they are lying. Sorry for the long story. I love telling our story. She has been through so much and to see her achieve her ideal weight makes me want to share her story with the world. link deleted Let me know how it works for you. It changed our lives. Good luck

Sounds suspiciously like an MLM. Bet I know which one.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaSmith View Post
Any body have idea of how to lose weight fast? I just gave birth to my first boy, for two years i kept on weight of 100 pounds, while my normal weight is 90 pounds before pregnant, i hate so much those "****" on my stomach, i kept on vegatables without meat and exercise for half years, thigh slim for sure but the abs are far away from me. :
Well, because of all the health problems associated with excess weight, it makes perfect sense to lose weight safely and naturally.

Checkout this 5 ways to lose weight safely:

1) Getting more sleep
There is a link between obesity and a lack of quality sleep.Research suggests that getting sufficient sleep can contribute to weight loss.
The researchers found that women who described their sleep quality as poor or fair were less likely to successfully lose weight than those who reported their sleep quality as being very good.

2) Staying hydrated
Water is the best fluid that a person can drink throughout the day. It contains no calories and provides a wealth of health benefits.
When a person drinks water throughout the day, the water helps increase their metabolism. Drinking water before a meal can also help reduce the amount that they eat.
Finally, if people replace sugary beverages with water, this will help reduce the total number of calories that they consume throughout the day.

3) Reducing carbohydrate intake
Diets low in simple carbohydrates can help a person reduce their weight by limiting the amount of extra sugar that they eat.
Healthful low-carbohydrate diets focus on consuming whole carbohydrates, good fats, fiber, and lean proteins. Instead of limiting all carbohydrates for a short period, this should be a sustainable, long-term dietary adjustment.

4) Adding chili
Adding spice to foods may help a person lose weight. Capsaicin is a chemical that is commonly present in spices, such as chili powder, and may have positive effects.

5) Cutting out processed foods
Processed foods are high in sodium, fat, calories and sugar. They often contain fewer nutrients than whole foods.
According to a preliminary research study, processed foods are much more likely than other foods to lead to addictive eating behaviors, which tend to result in people overeating.
-----------------

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 05-04-2019 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: Remove link.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:32 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,195,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyd609 View Post
bwahahahaha +1.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:15 PM

214 posts, read 139,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Sounds suspiciously like an MLM. Bet I know which one.
MLMs change most people's lives by making them lose money.

Old 04-24-2019, 03:24 AM

164 posts, read 125,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Quick weight loss is very difficult to sustain long term. Eat right, exercise regularly, and it will work itself out.
Hi,
I totally agree with you. Weight loss is a long term process. Running and regular exercise are the best ways to lose weight. Also, need to eat the right diet.
Thanks.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:27 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,166,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystle12 View Post
Running and regular exercise are the best ways to lose weight.
Running would be a good way for me to get hurt.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:23 AM

10,932 posts, read 11,657,815 times
At 18, I weighed I 165 lbs. At about age 40, I weighed close to 200 lbs. Went to get a stress test and the exact results I don't recall, but my cholesterols were way up there. I exercised heavily; vastly cut down my intake of food, ate a lot fruit and drank a lot of water. I took off those 35 pounds, and today at 76, I weigh the same as when I was 18. I keep to the same regimen, but my exercise is confined to long walks (10-15km/day) and very light eating, often, of fruits and veggies and small portions of chicken, turkey and fish in the evening.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:41 AM

1,074 posts, read 632,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaSmith View Post
Any body have idea of how to lose weight fast? I just gave birth to my first boy, for two years i kept on weight of 100 pounds, while my normal weight is 90 pounds before pregnant, i hate so much those "****" on my stomach, i kept on vegatables without meat and exercise for half years, thigh slim for sure but the abs are far away from me. :
Either cocaine or cancer. Assuming you are not willing to do either one of those, don't lose weight fast! Bad idea!
Go on a clean diet of lean protein, lots of greens, no wheat or dairy or soy, and either begin or change your workout.
PS- I have had 2 kids (I'm 50). After my first kid, I was actually thinner, but I had gotten very sick, so that doesn't count. After my second kid, my pelvis had spread enough that although my weight and clothing size came back, I never had the cute little round plump booty I used to.
Remember, it is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Exercise also is not temporary. Both are like oxygen.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:22 AM

173 posts, read 118,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanaSoleil View Post
I honestly believe that you don't need to lose any weight (100lbs is tiny even if you are very short). I think your issue might be the separation of your muscles from being pregnant. Some women after pregnancy, the "ab" muscles don't always come right back after birth and with that spacing, your intestines may be pushing out which gives you the mom pouch. Unfortunately, if this is what you are suffering from, the only fix is surgery. I'd recommend consulting your doctor to find the best option for you.
Good thought. This is worth discussing with your OB or PCP. Are you nursing? If not, try eliminating sugar, dairy and gluten from your diet (worked for me).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.