Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 04:28 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Geeze, I didn't eat all of that in one meal! It was spread out over several days! I couldn't hold that much in one sitting.
If you're attributing 3 lbs of fat gain in a week from two lunches, yeah, you ate 5,000 calories on each of those lunches. And yes, that's the point. It's absurd and you didn't eat 5,000 calories. The difference was water weight, what is in your digestive system, and/or bowel movements and not relevant. You didn't put on 3 pounds of fat from eating lunch twice. Three pounds is just normal weight fluctuation in a day. It's why you look at rolling averages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 04:30 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
If you're attributing 3 lbs of fat gain in a week from two lunches, yeah, you ate 5,000 calories on each of those lunches. And yes, that's the point. It's absurd and you didn't eat 5,000 calories. The difference was water weight, what is in your digestive system, and/or bowel movements and not relevant. You didn't put on 3 pounds of fat from eating lunch twice. Three pounds is just normal weight fluctuation in a day. It's why you look at rolling averages.
I find weighing myself once a week a better indicator of actual loss or gain.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:42 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Well, it's not really more accurate as there's that same variation. +/- 2-5 pounds is really just noise for most people. It doesn't indicate that you've either gained or lost what people actually care about, which is body fat. Looking at the rolling average or just generalized trend is much more meaningful.

Eg you might measure once a week and get:

205, 206, 202, 204, 200, 202, 203, 198, 200, 201, 197, 200. Even though the last week you "gained" three pounds, it's not really meaningful of anything on its own. If you went on vacation and ate like a total glutton you might put on three pounds of fat in a week. It's just CICO though. It's pretty hard to run either a 1,500 calorie deficit/surplus in a week. Possible, but not likely. Hell, I can change my weight on cheapo scale by a couple pounds just by getting on and off it and putting my feet in a different position.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:56 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,255,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I weigh myself daily but Saturday morning is the only one that counts.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:53 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
If the hunt was unsuccessful, they fasted because they had no choice!
Yes, and then it wouldn't be OMAD, it would be OMITD, One Meal In Three Days, lol.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:18 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
I weigh myself daily but Saturday morning is the only one that counts.
Does you body know it's Saturday morning ?

Old 03-22-2019, 10:06 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,255,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Does you body know it's Saturday morning ?
Every week I weigh the least on Saturday morning because I'm coming off 5 days of adherence to the plan.
On Saturday and Sunday I eat more, so I gain a few pounds.
Then I lose it all again and then some the next week.

When I reach my goal weight, my weekday plan is not going to change. It's very easy to stick to.
Weekends will be different. The plan is to have as many free days as possible while maintaining.
If it's every Saturday, then great. If it's every two or three Saturdays, that's fine, too.

Every time I've had a free day since August, I lost it in a week.
I gained 8 lbs on my birthday weekend and it was all gone by the next Saturday.

Old 03-22-2019, 01:02 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
Quote:
Every week I weigh the least on Saturday morning because I'm coming off 5 days of adherence to the plan.

When I reach my goal weight, my weekday plan is not going to change. It's very easy to stick to.
Weekends will be different. The plan is to have as many free days as possible while maintaining.
If it's every Saturday, then great. If it's every two or three Saturdays, that's fine, too.

I hope you realize the majority of that weight was water.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:36 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:

You're wasting your time on this yo-yo dieting.
The human body doesn't run to a 7-day week.
You need a sensible lifetime eating regime.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:47 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
This reminds me that I need to make cornbread......
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss