Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 07:19 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,246,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I hope you realize the majority of that weight was water.
You should've saw what I ate.
I'm pretty sure it surpassed 10K calories and 1000 carbs. Decadence reigned in excelsis.
I used an entire Novolog pen and a good part of a Lantus pen controlling it.
I was carbed out for quite awhile after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
You're wasting your time on this yo-yo dieting.
The human body doesn't run to a 7-day week.
You need a sensible lifetime eating regime.
My life runs on 5 work days and two weekend days, so it works.
I control the body, not the other way around.
There is no yo-yo. The weigh in that counts is nothing but down.
Next one's tomorrow morning. I expect another record low.

Last edited by eaton53; 03-22-2019 at 07:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 08:42 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,464,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
You should've saw what I ate.
I'm pretty sure it surpassed 10K calories and 1000 carbs. Decadence reigned in excelsis.
I used an entire Novolog pen and a good part of a Lantus pen controlling it.
I was carbed out for quite awhile after that.

My life runs on 5 work days and two weekend days, so it works.
I control the body, not the other way around.
There is no yo-yo. The weigh in that counts is nothing but down.
Next one's tomorrow morning. I expect another record low.
I'm not going to criticize your eating plan because it mirrors mine in many ways (only without being diabetic). I could theoretically eat 2000+ calories a day, 7 days a week. Or I could eat 1500 and have one "cheat day". Well I choose the latter, because without the cheat days I would still be fat.

Whatever works, because at the end of the day, it's what you do over the course of a week, a month, a year. Not what you do everyday. Once I figured that out, things were better for me. I call it averaging.

But do know that what you "gained" was mostly water. It would take more than two days of bingeing to put on that much fat and it takes FAR MORE effort to get the fat off.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:17 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I'm not going to criticize your eating plan because it mirrors mine in many ways (only without being diabetic). I could theoretically eat 2000+ calories a day, 7 days a week. Or I could eat 1500 and have one "cheat day". Well I choose the latter, because without the cheat days I would still be fat.

Whatever works, because at the end of the day, it's what you do over the course of a week, a month, a year. Not what you do everyday. Once I figured that out, things were better for me. I call it averaging.

But do know that what you "gained" was mostly water. It would take more than two days of bingeing to put on that much fat and it takes FAR MORE effort to get the fat off.
This.
It should debunk the whole myth of dieting because losing weight it the easy part - keeping it off is much harder.
The number of times I see people put themselves through hell for six months to achieve an impressive weight loss and then think everything is fine after that - a month later it's all back on again.
It's a cliche but it's true - forget dieting and learn to eat sensibly PERMANENTLY.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Or I could eat 1500 and have one "cheat day". Well I choose the latter, because without the cheat days I would still be fat.
That is EXACTLY my plan.

Quote:
This.
It should debunk the whole myth of dieting because losing weight it the easy part - keeping it off is much harder.
The number of times I see people put themselves through hell for six months to achieve an impressive weight loss and then think everything is fine after that - a month later it's all back on again.
It's a cliche but it's true - forget dieting and learn to eat sensibly PERMANENTLY.
You're too blind to see that everything that is being done is for the long term. If I can't do it permanently, I don't do it.
I've been on a low carb diet since 2015. Only a complete and utter goof would think that I can't do it after 5 years.

I just want to have more free days, like Rialise. It's really as simple as that... once a week I want to eat what "regular" people eat.
Through trial (and very little error) I've finally learned how to do it.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:10 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,014,723 times
I agree! I look at my eating on a weekly basis and a monthly basis (which also corresponds to daily and yearly). So long as the overall average is generally healthy-ish, then I do not worry about a single day or two here and there.

Yo yo dieting is losing tons of weight, gaining tons of weight, losing tons of weight, gaining tons of weight, etc etc etc, over a period of years. Very unhealthy.

Eating healthy 5-6 days a week and allowing yourself to eat not so healthy the other 1-2 days each week - this is not a yo yo. This is a realistic lifestyle and, in my opinion, quite healthy.

I actually try to emulate Eaton and Riaelese - they each have healthy mindsets and lifestyles (re: food) very similar to what I am aiming towards!

Old 03-23-2019, 06:24 AM

3,687 posts, read 2,407,554 times
Quote:
This.
Yes, diets are temporary.

So, why do them?

People will fail because they will revert back.

I like WOE, Way of Eating.

It's long term, permanent, and a way of life.

I also keep a daily food log of what my 2 meals a day are and the times in a notebook. Only takes 3 seconds. Been doing it for months.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:56 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I've been eating OMAD, which is a 23 hour fast per day, but also had lunch twice in the last week, and been eating things like vegan pancakes with sugar-free syrup and sugar-free peanut butter, vegan cheese sandwiches and chips. Bad idea. I've gained 3 pounds!

Carbs are the problem. I think I finally get it.
I think I finally get it....LOL
If you want to get a little more insight into carbs throughout time...the Epilogue chapter at the end of 'Protein Power',
a common book in Used stores ...is quite fascinating speaking about archeological digs
around the world...
relating to carbs (grain based cultures) or a culture that did not eat carbs. Cemeteries reveal tons!

And the mummies! Right now, today, they are still dissecting mummies! Egypt was grain based...
ha, I remembered that from the movie Cleopatra...those Pharoahs were really into grain!
Well, what a bunch of unhealthy people!!! Wait till you find out!

Old 03-23-2019, 03:53 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I think I finally get it....LOL
If you want to get a little more insight into carbs throughout time...the Epilogue chapter at the end of 'Protein Power',
a common book in Used stores ...is quite fascinating speaking about archeological digs
around the world...
relating to carbs (grain based cultures) or a culture that did not eat carbs. Cemeteries reveal tons!

And the mummies! Right now, today, they are still dissecting mummies! Egypt was grain based...
ha, I remembered that from the movie Cleopatra...those Pharoahs were really into grain!
Well, what a bunch of unhealthy people!!! Wait till you find out!
You mean this book? (available used for 10¢):

Protein Power: The High-Protein/Low Carbohydrate Way to Lose Weight, Feel Fit, and Boost Your Health-in Just Weeks! (Mass Market Paperback)
by Michael R. Eades (Author), Mary Dan Eades (Author)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...3377868&sr=8-2

The only problem is, I'm not going to eat bacon, eggs and cheese. I'm just not.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:17 PM

I saw this today...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/vega...220441429.html

Infuencers... heh. What a $%&^ "profession".
But when your livelihood is dependent on not eating a fish, you might want to think twice about eating that fish.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
You mean this book? (available used for 10¢):
Protein Power:
The only problem is, I'm not going to eat bacon, eggs and cheese. I'm just not.
I just want you to read the Epiloque, maybe the 2nd to last chapter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss