U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 11:47 AM

151 posts, read 31,736 times

Advertisements

Lots of diet chatter in Health and Wellness. Also lots of baggage we take as fact, when in fact.... so very much of what we believe to be factual is actually a byproduct of the vast amounts of money the food industry spends on research with a predetermined outcome, always to our health's detriment. Spend a few minutes on this link and explore information that is, unbiased, makes no one rich, but is likely to help you make good solid food choices for your life.

www.nutritionfacts.org/about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 12:52 PM

6,179 posts, read 2,457,061 times
Nothing anyone feels they must share or publish is unbiased. If there was only one way to view nutrition there wouldn't even be such a multi-million dollar industry surrounding it. If you research widely the more common sense approaches and also the wack-a doodle outliers will become apparent.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:53 PM

71,040 posts, read 82,332,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
Lots of diet chatter in Health and Wellness. Also lots of baggage we take as fact, when in fact.... so very much of what we believe to be factual is actually a byproduct of the vast amounts of money the food industry spends on research with a predetermined outcome, always to our health's detriment. Spend a few minutes on this link and explore information that is, unbiased, makes no one rich, but is likely to help you make good solid food choices for your life.

www.nutritionfacts.org/about
Thanks I have always said most of the studies and so called facts are nothing more than pushing an agenda or trying to get people to believe what is taken out of context

Old 04-15-2019, 02:16 PM

151 posts, read 31,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Thanks I have always said most of the studies and so called facts are nothing more than pushing an agenda or trying to get people to believe what is taken out of context
You are welcome Nita!
This is a nonprofit site run by Dr Greeger a physician that specializes in research. He has two books that I am aware of, any money generated from sales goes directly back to fund this site.
I also have no agenda here, other than spreading the word on how best to make factual decisions for our health. Use it or don't use it. After i had a heart attack, my cardiologist recommended that I watch three documentaries, Forks Over Knives, Plant Pure Nation, and Food Choices, check out Dr Greeger's site and read his book, How Not To Die. I watched the docs, signed up for Dr Greeger's free videos and read his book. Because of what I learned, my health is far better than what it was before I had the truth to make the decisions that I wanted to make for the betterment of my health. When it comes down to it, Life is nothing more than what you put into it!

Last edited by Bellacatahoula; 04-15-2019 at 02:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or