Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 08:26 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,170,775 times

Advertisements

I guess with me, I would like to be able to wear the belly shirts, but since I can't rid the jelly belly after having my daughter, well I don't need to say any more.

I am about 5'4 and right now about 134 pounds, most of it in the breast, tummy, and butsky, I quit smoking, it will be a week ago at midnight, and I am hoping to fit in my size 6 jeans when it is all said and done, right now I wear a seven, but I will work on that next after I make sure the habit is kicked for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 08:43 PM

331 posts, read 2,108,765 times
I have been reading this thread and understand most of you who feel overweight.. to me it doesn't matter if you are 100 or 10 pounds over where you want to be. What matters is how you feel about you.

I am 5'4" and 115 and feel good about where I am for my age..

what I hate is that when I don't want that extra serving or if I push aside my food when I am full OR I don't want dessert I get chastised. "Ooohhh your not fat! You can eat that!" I don't eat the extra because I care about how I look. I don't deprive myself I am not "skinny." But I don't want to be overweight either. I want to stay healthy. I want to have energy. I don't want to obsess about my weight so I do take care of me!

I hate being picked on by other women because I don't want to go for ice cream. They all make comments.. and when I do decide to eat a doughnut... it is like a gaggle of loud geese making note that oooohhhh lookie who is eating a doughnut.. I don't say anything when they eat one. Or when they don't. I find it frustrating..

okay done venting now... and oooohhh a belly shirt... darn it...nothing worse than someone in their 40's thinking they can still pull that off. I think I will leave those to the young ones with the rock hard abs! Not overweight here but certainly not in shape!

Old 01-08-2007, 09:38 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
I have been thin all of my life and then I hit middle age! Nothing more needs to be said, I exercise and it shifts to another area LOL. Really women want to look pretty and fit for their men, it is as simple as that. I like seeing my husbands eyes light up when I look good, that is enough for me. Middle age, now that is another conversation!

Old 01-08-2007, 11:52 PM

104 posts, read 234,650 times
Women come in all shapes and sizes and I believe there is beauty in all sizes. One is no better than the other. I am a37 mother of 3, 5'9 122lbs. d cup. I eat !!!! I love food, and yes I keep it all down. People assume I don't eat and judge me-I can't help it lucky genes I guess. I enjoy that i can wear the low rise jeans still and the bikinis at my age. I am tired of making apologies for it people need to accept themselves and stop comparing.
Having a Mikes Hard Lemonade w/ a cupcake now.Yum !!

Old 01-09-2007, 12:16 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,081,952 times
Good replies. As the topic says, dont worry! Did someone mention they are a size 4? That is darn skinny! the average woman is size 12! Go ahead and eat your chocolate. Yummy!

Old 01-09-2007, 12:26 AM

331 posts, read 2,108,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by o.c.momof3 View Post
Women come in all shapes and sizes and I believe there is beauty in all sizes. One is no better than the other. I am a37 mother of 3, 5'9 122lbs. d cup. I eat !!!! I love food, and yes I keep it all down. People assume I don't eat and judge me-I can't help it lucky genes I guess. I enjoy that i can wear the low rise jeans still and the bikinis at my age. I am tired of making apologies for it people need to accept themselves and stop comparing.
Having a Mikes Hard Lemonade w/ a cupcake now.Yum !!
man can I relate... but why do we feel the need to apologize for it? And why do we have to be resented for being thin. I thank my parents for good genetics and myself for keeping my weight down. And Yeah I love food too. I hate the looks I get and more than that I hate being told that gaining 10 extra pounds, every 10 years is okay!!! Not me!

Old 01-09-2007, 01:57 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Why is it that so many women obsess? 9 out of 10 times, the lady isnt really overweight or just looks fine at her current weight! I see diet plans with "before" and "after" and I hate to tell you this but often a healthy curvy lady in the "before" and a skinny, underweight, bony unattractive lady in the "after"

Dont fall for the sterotype that you have to be rail thin or even anorexic to be beautiful. Truth is curves are in and nearly all men prefer their women this way! Unless you have five chins, can hardly fit in the door or sit on the chair, chances are you arent fat! Ive seen lots of average height women weighing around 150 that looked just fine! So dont obsess, eat another bar of chocolate and flaunt your wonderfully curvacious figure!
Thanks for saying that, NAH. Unfortunately not all men agree, especially here in California... I've struggled with my weight forever, and I definitely get more "male attention" at my lower weights. I have absolutely no desire to be SKINNY, since it's just not right on my body, but I do like staying healthy. Right now I'm in a pretty good place, though I'd like to lose a bit more (as I was telling you once). But yes, curves can be a good thing... since I will always have them, I've learned to embrace that! Besides, I figure that a guy who judges me (alone) on my weight, probably isn't worth my time anyway.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compltlyme View Post
man can I relate... but why do we feel the need to apologize for it? And why do we have to be resented for being thin. I thank my parents for good genetics and myself for keeping my weight down. And Yeah I love food too. I hate the looks I get and more than that I hate being told that gaining 10 extra pounds, every 10 years is okay!!! Not me!
I think people "resent" it, because of the struggles overweight women & men go through... my sister is very thin naturally (she got my mom's genes, I got my dad's), so I certainly wouldn't judge you or assume you're anorexic. But the constant harrassment & discrimination fat people experience, well, it's hard to relate unless you've been there. I've been on both ends of the spectrum, so I have made first-hand observations!! But no, you don't need to make any apologies... as "ocmomof3" said, beauty does come in ALL shapes and sizes - so be proud of your thin body!

Old 01-09-2007, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
I have been thin all of my life and then I hit middle age! Nothing more needs to be said, I exercise and it shifts to another area LOL. Really women want to look pretty and fit for their men, it is as simple as that.
Luckily there are men like NAH, who don't think you have to be a certain size to be pretty... I've had plenty of boyfriends, and none of them expected/asked me to lose weight (no matter what I weighed). But we all have our preferences, and that's how things work out eventually... as my grandmother says, "every earring has a match".

Anyway, I look good for my own self-confidence, and not for any man. To prove my point, I haven't dated in over 3 years, and have lost 60lbs. during that time - LOL.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:35 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,488,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I like women with curves too. Too thin isn't usually attractive. There are exceptions of course, but in general, I like a woman with curvy curves and some cush!
And you Mrshvo...I don't care what you weigh or even if it's a concern for you...you're H.O.T!
MoMark-You are so sweet! Thank you for starting my day off on such a pleasant note!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss