Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:19 AM

969 posts, read 2,851,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Besides telling me to eat right and exercise can anyone give me ideas on how to lose this weight?
I quit smoking and was afraid that I would gain weight (which I didn't need) AND return to smoking.

I believe in better living through chemistry - I used Chantix to quit smokiing (and haven't had a smoke in over a year) and I used Phen-Pro to lose 40 lbs.

Don't buy it over the internet - it is usually a "sound alike" medicine. Check with your doctor - if they have never heard of it - google it.

It is basically a portion control teaching device - your stomach tells your brain "ok you are full = now stop eating" and you learn to eat less and enjoy what you eat more.

Good luck - the first few days are the hardest - bad habits are hard to break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 08:21 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,338,160 times
Some great information here from you posters.
One other thing that helped me was not to think that I had close to 100 pounds to lose several years ago. Too overwhelming. I took baby steps.
I would tell myself that I had 10 pounds to lose. When that 10 pounds was gone, I went for another 10 pounds.
Instead of telling yourself that you need to lose 65 pounds, start out less and it seems so much easier that way. Sometimes it's best to play these games with yourself.
Also what someone told me to do was to get a piece of paper and draw several 5 pound bags of potatoes. For every 5 pounds lost, make a big X on the bag. Hang the paper on the refridgerator where you can see it everyday.
Take walks with your family every evening after dinner. Do something that makes you move that you enjoy. Drink lots of liquids.
Pay attention to your waist mostly. I think that's more important than what you weigh. I think if you have a 36 inch or below waist, that's great. IMO of course. Make sure to get your protein in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss