Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 06:04 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
looks like you had a pretty good day there SG.
dang mathguy,I still think it sounds like youre doin good!

Lets see, today,
1 mandarine orange and water for breakfast
1 sandwich on wheat bread w/lowfat mayo and that sliced deli ham for lunch - water
than about 1/2 a cornish game hen, bowl of broccoli and a few bites of cranberry sauce for dinner, w/a splurge of a glass of sprite.
so....not too terrible bad.
Thanks, had my first personal trainer meeting last night. Learned a whole bunch of new exercises with the big rubber balls that give you a more intensive all over work-out in less time. I actually have one of those balls at home that belonged to the late mrs. mathguy so i'm going to try to do more home stuff now too. I am going to pick up the cardio again, maybe start outside jogging more...cardio = weight loss.

Going to a waterpark at christmas with the extended family (indoor)...my sis is going to crap when she sees me down 40+ and sporting abs...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 09:57 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,056 times
soooo......I just dont think Im gonna list what all I ate today!!!!! lol
the good news is, i went to the inlaws to eat, and they're not exactly the real laid back type who sit around and nibble all day. As soon as the dinner was over, the food was put away. (AAAAHhhhhhhH!!! NOOOOOO!!! BRING BACK MY TURKEY!!!! ) sigh....so while yeah, i feel rather cheated out of my REAL THANKSGIVING DINNER, (sob) my butt and thighs will thank me tomorrow. AND to make things even worse/better, I ate a pretty modest plateful. And many of the appitizers, I dont like (like the fresh shrimp, blech) so i had a fairly modest amount of turkey, a white roll w/butter (bliss!) some cranberry sauce, some marshmellow fruit salad, a scoop of taters and gravy and a bit of asparagus.I had a sip of loganberry wine (they make their own wine from their own fruit/berries) and other than that, just had water. I ate 2 bites off of my little girls chocolate cream pie. And, after dinner, I had went for a brisk 20min. walk around the lakefront.
So.....not the Thanksgiving of my dreams, but at least I didnt gain a bunch of weight in a single day!
and no leftovers sent home w/me (dang it!!!)
The great news is, when we got there, I got pulled aside and told "OMG!! You look great!!! You're really trimming down!!" (50more calories burnt through the follow up happy dance. lol)
How'd everyone else do? Ya'll make it through today?

Old 11-28-2008, 03:42 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,646,444 times
glad you got the compliment! I hate to eat Thanksgiving at someone else's house. I don't think I did really bad. Had turkey, scoop of potatoes, spoonful (heaping) of stuffing. some gravy over all. One roll with butter, sweet potato casserole, grape salad, one glass sparkling cider. I was too full for my veggies! Later at night, had a small piece of pumpkin pie, with whipped topping, for my dessert.

this morning, had a bowl of the fruit salad I made yesterday with some fat free, vanilla yogurt on top and one cup coffee. went shopping with my mom for a few hours. came home, made some turkey salad. had a sandwich, some potato chips, grape salad and a pickle!

also, had a late afternoon snack of pumpkin pie and coffee.

not really hungry for dinner. planning something small.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:16 AM

14 posts, read 31,351 times
Really great idea!! Yes, I am would like to know the diet questions and i want to lose my weight as soon as possible.Now i am 98 kgs weight and my height is 5.8 inc. So, i think i need to lose weight.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:28 AM

I took a week off and am going to extend it another week or two. I think I may have lost weight too fast at the end and it has caused some minor health issues for me so I'm just going for maintain on the weight and getting plenty of exercise. I'm around 187 right now and while I need to lose another 10+ I am not in a hurry at this point. If these health things work out soon then i will gradually start in again but oh well...I'm pretty happy right now where I'm at.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:26 AM

Mathguy, you are too good! Glad your weightloss is progressing the way you want. Hope the health issue isn't too serious. I, on the other hand, have gone to hell in a handbasket! up 2 lbs. Haven't excercised for a couple of weeks. put too much other stuff first. have to get back to me! need some inspiration though.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
Mathguy, you are too good! Glad your weightloss is progressing the way you want. Hope the health issue isn't too serious. I, on the other hand, have gone to hell in a handbasket! up 2 lbs. Haven't excercised for a couple of weeks. put too much other stuff first. have to get back to me! need some inspiration though.
Yeah, I don't know for sure about the health issues...I'm going to see a doc later this week and probably get a blood test. I'm still getting exercise, just not dieting....just maintaining. It could be something else altogether...lots of changes in my life lately so I'm just trying to rule out what might be causing the issues.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:54 AM

good luck and keep us posted!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:54 AM

14 posts, read 31,351 times
Well, I am here to help you. See you have to take a fat free diet and the food which contains vitamins.Coming to exercise part go to the gym and explain your total problem to your instructor so the he will also help you.I hope you like my tips and we will maintain the good conversation for genral questions..Thank you!!

Old 12-08-2008, 06:22 AM

Hey buddies, I guess we have all been too busy to post! I have been swamped around here. Hope all of you are doing well. Not me..the food is not in balance and the exercise routine is gone. I have no clue how to get myself back on track.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss