Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 01:04 PM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc515 View Post
I would like to know for my wife and I how WW actually works in regards to meetings and on-line. I see the on-line is like $65 for three months, but how exactly does the on-line work? What do you do, and what do you get out of it?I also see that there are local meetngs; How do they work, and what is the cost?If you sign up for th on-line, are local meetings free? or, if you go to local meetings, is on-line free?Then there's the new Momentum program; OK, help here, as now there are three programs.Thank you guys,.....marc
Hi Marc: I have joined Weight Watchers and it works several ways. I chose to actuallly go to the meetings and join that way as I find the talking and sharing with others who have weight issues helpful. You would be surprised at how many people share the same issues as you do. I paid for a Pass which averages $40.00 a month and it comes out of your checking account automatically..you can stop this at any time. I trust Weight Watchers with this automatic check thing because they have been around for over 40 years and are worldwide. You can also pay for the meetings as you go and they are $12.00 a week. The monthly plan is cheaper. When you first go, they will weigh you in private and you will meet with the lecturer after the meeting and she/he will show you how to determine how many "points" you will be allowed for a day. This will be the Momentum Plan she will explain.

So far in the time I have been on this plan, I have never been hungry, have had some of the best recipes to make from their cookbook and have enjoyed the classes a whole lot.

Let me know if you and your wife decide to join. My husband is doing this along with me and we are having a blast...he loves to cook and other than getting in each other's way, it has been fun. Good Luck

CP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 05:55 PM

36 posts, read 91,911 times
Meeting people who are also dedicated to losing weight and seeing yourself lose weight are indeed great motivators. It's like having the "If they can do it, so can I" mentality. The speakers are just an icing on the cake.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:01 PM

50,346 posts, read 63,928,555 times
I found that keeping the daily diary online allowed me to plan the day's menu in order to keep from going over on points. It does work if you keep at it. It's all about portion control. If you eat small portions and cut out junk food you will lose with, or without, Weightwatchers
Most people, including me, need the accountability of the meetings and weigh ins.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:25 AM

30 posts, read 73,626 times
Let's say I went over my "allowed points" today, is it okay if I reduce my points the following day?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:46 AM

15 posts, read 21,731 times
I haven't tried Weight Watchers. seeing the good reviews, it seems motivating. some says it isn't effective. Is WW worth the cost or are there more affordable techniques?

Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,265,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia39 View Post
I haven't tried Weight Watchers. seeing the good reviews, it seems motivating. some says it isn't effective. Is WW worth the cost or are there more affordable techniques?
I think Weight Watchers is worth the money. Of course, some people are able to motivate themselves to lose substantial amounts of weight totally on their own. Short of that, however, I doubt there are any programs any more economical or affordable than weight watchers. It keeps you focused on your weight loss goal. Of course, as with any diet or program, ultimately, YOU have to do the work. No one can do it for you. But if you work the Weight Watchers plan, you WILL lose weight and it's sound and sensible.

Weight Watchers provides a plan, a lot of helpful tips and the big thing in my eyes...accountability via the weekly weigh-in.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I think Weight Watchers is worth the money. Of course, some people are able to motivate themselves to lose substantial amounts of weight totally on their own. Short of that, however, I doubt there are any programs any more economical or affordable than weight watchers. It keeps you focused on your weight loss goal. Of course, as with any diet or program, ultimately, YOU have to do the work. No one can do it for you. But if you work the Weight Watchers plan, you WILL lose weight and it's sound and sensible.

Weight Watchers provides a plan, a lot of helpful tips and the big thing in my eyes...accountability via the weekly weigh-in.

hi! i haven't tried any of the programs like WW. i jog regularly and just avoid unhealthy food. that's about it. im not exactly perfectly fit. still got some buldge in my tummy area. i'll be reading more about WW. thank you for your post here!

Old 07-22-2010, 06:36 AM

2,568 posts, read 6,749,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post

I have done WW successfully(I am a lifetime member) and unsuccessfully (after pregnancy). It is all about your motivation. After joining and dropping out a couple of times I found TOPS(Take Pounds Off Sensibly) which is a non-profit organization. I attended meetings for months before I got motivated which I could've done with WW if I had stayed long enough but the cost made me drop out.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:12 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,975 times
Yes, if you follow it. I've had my most successful weight gain on WW, though I get bored with counting points after about three months. If you can discipline yourself, you can do it.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
I have done WW successfully(I am a lifetime member) and unsuccessfully (after pregnancy). It is all about your motivation. After joining and dropping out a couple of times I found TOPS(Take Pounds Off Sensibly) which is a non-profit organization. I attended meetings for months before I got motivated which I could've done with WW if I had stayed long enough but the cost made me drop out.
thanks for this post! very helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss