Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 7,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlsess View Post
I am on Points Plus and have lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks - you def need to try it b/c the doctors know what they are doing
I'm with the other people that want to find a copy of the 1988 plan. That's the plan I was on when I originally started WW. I lost 5 pounds my first week, and 2-4 every week after that. It was so easy, no counting points, which I think is a real pain in the b*tt! I ate far better, more balanced meals on this plan that I did using the points plan, because you can have anything you want, as long as you stay within the number of allotted points. In truth, I hate the points plan, and quite WW after only a few months using this plan, as it was too time consuming and I am too busy with work and family to spend an hour a day figuring out how many points everything is. Not to mention, trying to put balanced meals together that all add up to the allotted number of points!! The old plan told you what to eat each day for the first five weeks. Of course you could exchange any bread for a bread, meat for a meat, etc. Thus the "exchange" plan.... So much easier. By week five, you had the hang of it, and could do it without the book, I could easily keep track in my head. Not with the points plan.... I actually worked for WW as a receptionist for two years, and still, I never quite "got" the whole points plan.

Soooo..... If anyone DOES have copies of the 1988 plan, I'd love to buy them from you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 08:24 AM

6,489 posts, read 8,809,581 times
The 1988 plan was called "Quick Success" and they have copies of the program cookbook available on ebay. The cookbook might have the plan details in it, but I am not sure.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:48 PM

2 posts, read 7,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
The 1988 plan was called "Quick Success" and they have copies of the program cookbook available on ebay. The cookbook might have the plan details in it, but I am not sure.
Yes, I've seen it on eBay, but no, it doesn't have the plan in it. WW would never do that, as that would've made it too easy for people to have just bought the book and not attend the meetings, which is where they really make their money!! But THANK YOU for the suggestion!! Lisa

Old 06-13-2011, 05:43 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,768,804 times
All you one-post-wonders, here is the link to the person on C-D who posted the information, which you would have found if you were really actively looking for it:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/8015057-post66.html

Old 04-29-2012, 09:30 PM

4 posts, read 13,039 times
Default 1988 Weight Watcher books weeks 1-5

I would like to find some copies of the Weight Watchers books from 1988. I joined WW in 88 and lost 25 lbs, like alot of others i gained it back plus some. I.ve joined WW a couple times, i find with the points plan it doesn't work as well for me as when i picked from each list. I think i ate healthier and i stuck with the program to the letter. I want to know how much i can have from each list weigh it, eat it and write it down when i've eaten my allowed amount of food each day, then i'm done for that day. So if anyone can help me find these books from 1988 for weeks 1-5 i would so appreciate it. I'll be on pins and needles waiting for a reply.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:32 PM

Default 1988 Weight Watcher books weeks 1-5

I would like to find some copies of the Weight Watchers books from 1988. I joined WW in 88 and lost 25 lbs,like alot of others i gained it back plus some. I.ve joined WW a couple times,i find with the points plan it doesn't work as well for me as when i picked from each list. I think i ate healthier and i stuck with the program to the letter. I want to know how much i can have from each list weigh it, eat it and write it down when i've eaten my allowed amount of food each day, then i'm done for that day. So if anyone can help me find these books from 1988 for weeks 1-5 i would so appreciate it. I'll be on pins and needles waiting for a reply.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:36 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,813,688 times
If you went on WW in 1988 and lost weight and then gained it back why do you want to go back to the plan that you FAILED on?
This is obviously a troll thread.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:01 PM

I guess i thought i could remember how much i ate without keeping a diary. I am one of many that lost weight and thought i would keep it off but i lost the battle and now it's backkkkkkkkkk. I truly hope you get to your goal weight and you keep it off. also how much are the weekly dues?

Old 04-29-2012, 10:05 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,921,932 times
I'm another one who had great success on that plan.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:12 PM

What is a troll thread? I've never joined anything like this before so if i make mistakes please tell me what i'm doing wrong so i can learm from my mistakes like the weight i put back on, Boy thats a lesson well learned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss