U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2009, 07:50 PM

931 posts, read 3,469,963 times

Advertisements

Ingredients:

1 medium carrot
1 medium tomato
shiitake mushrooms (or any other kind)
spinach
chinese cabbage (nappa or bok choy)
green onion
miso paste (make sure it is made in japan)
Hondahi Seasoning (looks like this: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/45/16...08eb713666.jpg)

Directions:

1. Wash all of the vegetables and chop them up.
2. Fill large pot 1/4 of water
3. Put cut up tomato (you want chunks, not slices) and carrot into water
4. Take one scoop of miso paste and put it in a small bowl. Put a little water in the bowl and mix until all miso is dissolved.
5. Pour into pot with the tomato and carrot
6. Heat until boiling
7. Add mushrooms and cabbage (if you want to add cabbage)
8. Add spinach and thin slices of green onion
9. Turn heat to low and cook until all the vegetables are soft
10. Add Hondashi seasoning

Enjoy! This is a really easy thing to make and it is really healthy. For all you fatties out there, try making this and eating this for dinner. It's very light and tasty. Thanks!

Additional Information:

You can also add other green vegetables and tofu. This recipe is the healthiest because there is no frying involved and also no oil. The carrot and tomato act as a natural flavor for the soup. The amount of miso to use depends on the amount of water you use and how strong of a flavor you want. But, it's really important to make sure the miso is dissolved in the water in the small bowl first. Make sure there aren't any other pieces floating around. There are also several different types of miso. I like the yellow more than red. The flavor difference is very little. Miso paste and the Hondashi Seasoning (salt substitute, with a little fish flavoring) can be found at your local Asian grocery store. However, I usually go to a specialty or health food store to get good shiitake mushrooms. Whole Foods FTW!

And these are my pictures. I took them. My food. My hands. My camera. So moderators, don't delete.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 07:51 PM

931 posts, read 3,469,963 times

FINAL PRODUCT:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss