Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 29,615 times

Advertisements

Totally Agree Kim!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 10:06 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBeezy220 View Post
I have used "Doc Weight Loss" since February 2012 to include B-12 with LIPO shots results, 25 lbs as of 20 April 2012, love it have had no problems! size 14 to a 10. I DO WORK OUT 5-6 days a week! Mostly cardio; speed walking, jogging, Zumba, some weight training. It is my goal to do more weight training after I reach my weight goal of about 25 more lbs. Yes, I have taken the appetite suppr., and YES they do work HOWEVER, the work is all on you! You must work out and eat right meaning for the first 30-60 days protein ONLY. Did I cheat sometimes YES, sometimes I wanted to go out with my friends for a drink or eat a salad, the point is get right back on the plan the next day. I am mindful of living a healthy lifestyle. Good Luck if you try it!
Your losing weight has zero to do with the b-12 and lipo shots. Those are just really expensive placebos. If you are taking appetite suppressants be prepared for the weight to come right back after you stop taking them.
Its great that you are working out. Why not do the weight training now? That will help you with your weight loss far more effectively than any shot or suppressant. And if you think you will bulk up then you really need to educate yourself.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:07 PM

4 posts, read 117,958 times
i just started the vitamin b complex/lipo shots. I have done exstensive research. I however did not expect the hair growth or stronger nails. I do feel like I have more energy. I actually feel like the world has gotten brighter. I feel warmer. I do occassionally take appiete suppresants. I do eat smaller meals. and hardly ever excerise. I am losing inches and i disagree with all the negative people. Ithink they are simply "Hating". I think they did nothing while taking the shots or whoever they know did nothing. Oh I wear spanx 12 hours 4 times a week. there are things one should do to lose wieght although no one had the cure all each person has "something that works" for them and each person should figure that out.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:11 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarissmal84 View Post
i just started the vitamin b complex/lipo shots. I have done exstensive research. I however did not expect the hair growth or stronger nails. I do feel like I have more energy. I actually feel like the world has gotten brighter. I feel warmer. I do occassionally take appiete suppresants. I do eat smaller meals. and hardly ever excerise. I am losing inches and i disagree with all the negative people. Ithink they are simply "Hating". I think they did nothing while taking the shots or whoever they know did nothing. Oh I wear spanx 12 hours 4 times a week. there are things one should do to lose wieght although no one had the cure all each person has "something that works" for them and each person should figure that out.

With all due respect whatever results you are getting are not from the shots. Please show us the research you have been doing. You can provide the links to the sites.
The ACTUAL truth is that if you are not deficient in b vitamins a shot will do absolutely nothing for you.
You would do yourself a HUGE favor by dumping the suppressants and the shots and LEARN about nutrition and exercise.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:08 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times
Yes, my last post was rude, but it was also accurate.

The b12 shots do nothing for weight loss..it's all about the 500 caloried that are being consumed.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:33 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
What IS making you lose weight: Appetite suppressants, eating smaller meals, the little exercise you do get.

What IS making you lose inches: Wearing flesh-constricting underwear (Spanx).

What IS NOT making you lose weight: Vitamin B12, Lipozene injections (it's a FOOD additive, not a serum)

What makes your hair/nails grow and give you hot flashes (make you warmer): Niacin (aka vitamin B3)

What does NOT make your hair/nails grow or give you hot flashes: Vitamin B12

Quote:

Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 AM

where is your research not from a forum but from actual fda or bbb recommended sites. I'm not sure where you got your research since you have not posted any links, but i'm sure you have done nothing but search blogs and forums which are personal opinions. I truly believe everyone and is different suggestions help but no one can be 100 percent right about someone elses body. thank you

http://www.ihealthdirectory.com/lipotropic-injections
Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Vitamin B12 — Health Professional Fact Sheet
Health Topics A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
With all due respect whatever results you are getting are not from the shots. Please show us the research you have been doing. You can provide the links to the sites.
The ACTUAL truth is that if you are not deficient in b vitamins a shot will do absolutely nothing for you.
You would do yourself a HUGE favor by dumping the suppressants and the shots and LEARN about nutrition and exercise.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
What IS making you lose weight: Appetite suppressants, eating smaller meals, the little exercise you do get.

What IS making you lose inches: Wearing flesh-constricting underwear (Spanx).

What IS NOT making you lose weight: Vitamin B12, Lipozene injections (it's a FOOD additive, not a serum)

What makes your hair/nails grow and give you hot flashes (make you warmer): Niacin (aka vitamin B3)

What does NOT make your hair/nails grow or give you hot flashes: Vitamin B12

If a person truly has a b12 deficiency they will notice a difference in nail growth and stronger hair.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:51 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
where is your research not from a forum but from actual fda or bbb recommended sites. I'm not sure where you got your research since you have not posted any links, but i'm sure you have done nothing but search blogs and forums which are personal opinions. I truly believe everyone and is different suggestions help but no one can be 100 percent right about someone elses body. thank you

http://www.ihealthdirectory.com/lipotropic-injections
Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Vitamin B12 — Health Professional Fact Sheet
Health Topics A
Not sure who this is addressed to.

Your first link is to a blog.

Lipotrpic injections can contain different ingredients, but it is usually B12 and one or more amino acids. In other words, nothing you could not be getting from a piece of steak.

The information in the second link is accurate, but you will note that it says nothing about B12 causing weight loss.

The third link takes you to the same info as the second one.

Quote:
If a person truly has a b12 deficiency they will notice a difference in nail growth and stronger hair.
We are not talking about B12 deficiency here. The allegation is that B12 causes weight loss. It does not. Vitamin B12 deficiency can be diagnosed with a simple blood test.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 04-29-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss