U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 15,390 times

Advertisements

i have been on quick weight loss program for 3 months and have only lost pounds. all they want you to do is come in and buy their shakes and stuff. they care little about you personally. has anyone else had this experience with them. i try so hard at this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 12:12 PM

71 posts, read 220,402 times
Default well ahhh...NO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenthin View Post
I have been on phentermine and b-12 shots for 6 months. I weighed in at 320 lbs. as of yesterday i weigh 257 lbs. i was wearing a size 28 in pants,,,now i can wear a size 18. i feel great. i recently started the lypo shots and lost 6 lbs in a week. Thats 63 lbs since feb. 14,2009. i have been 300 lbs since i was 13 years old. i am now 37. I wish i would have found this years ago. I eat 1100 calories a day and walk 1 1/2 miles. I would tell anyone to try this ,,, it really works!!!

no what works is you eating 1100 calories a day. No disrespect but with you being extremely overweight the pounds are bound to fall off just as easily without the drugs. almost like the biggest loser. they lose a crap load of weight weekly...i think just last week two of them lost 17 pounds each..enough of my ramblings..

verdict: stop taking it!

on the flip side: CONGRATS on losing the weight!! i know it was hard!

Old 11-16-2009, 10:48 AM

534 posts, read 1,888,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenthin View Post
I have been on phentermine and b-12 shots for 6 months. I weighed in at 320 lbs. as of yesterday i weigh 257 lbs. i was wearing a size 28 in pants,,,now i can wear a size 18. i feel great. i recently started the lypo shots and lost 6 lbs in a week. Thats 63 lbs since feb. 14,2009. i have been 300 lbs since i was 13 years old. i am now 37. I wish i would have found this years ago. I eat 1100 calories a day and walk 1 1/2 miles. I would tell anyone to try this ,,, it really works!!!
This is why you are losing the weight.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 15,116 times
been on the hgc diet for three weeks now. take a b12 shot once weekly and two hgc shots weekly...i also take phetermine 37.5 mg tabs. it has been good and controls app. it is costly but works! ive lost 17 lbs. up to today.day 21.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:34 AM

10,902 posts, read 23,176,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.fit View Post
been on the hgc diet for three weeks now. take a b12 shot once weekly and two hgc shots weekly...i also take phetermine 37.5 mg tabs. it has been good and controls app. it is costly but works! ive lost 17 lbs. up to today.day 21.
my question is what do you plan to after you stop taking the shots and drugs if you don't continue to eat right and go to the gym you end up gaining it all back it has to be a lifestyle change.
anyways congrats on your weight loss

Old 12-21-2009, 02:02 PM

3,627 posts, read 12,818,089 times
I took phentermine for a short while a few years ago but when my heart started pounding in my chest, I got off of it. Didn't really do anything for me. Lost for a short while then stalled.

So I know some take B12 shots for medical reasons ............ it is due to an intestinal issue with absorption? I would think the shots would be of no value if you did not have a problem with absorption.

Is is quite easy to get a whopping excess with a cheap B vitamin pill..............

Old 12-24-2009, 03:37 AM

4 posts, read 18,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
my question is what do you plan to after you stop taking the shots and drugs if you don't continue to eat right and go to the gym you end up gaining it all back it has to be a lifestyle change.
Dead right - you can't stay on drugs and b vit shots for ever (b vits maybe but not drugs) so you need to start looking at lifestyle changes while you're losing the weight.

A version of the raw food diet worked for me - together with more exercise and healthy food choices. I replaced 2 meals a day (breakfast and lunch) with either raw food (fuits and veg) or home made juices (carrots, beetroot, broccoli etc), and ate "normally" in the evening - healthy cooked meals (I couldn't go 100% raw - I love my cooked food like roast chicken)

Walking is a very effective exercise for burning off calories - you can burn off 300 - 400 calories an hour with a brisk walk - and it's easy - walk to work, to the shops, or get a dog to take out every day!

Here's an article I read about "drinking your food" I found that helped me get started - Quick Weight Loss Tips - Drink Your Food (http://ezinearticles.com/?Quick-Weight-Loss-Tips---Drink-Your-Food&id=3063371 - broken link)

Old 12-24-2009, 10:48 PM

13,929 posts, read 19,146,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Moreover, 17lbs in 3 weeks is not all that impressive. When I was on my keto diet that would have been pretty easy for me to do and I wouldn't have the cost/risk.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 14,898 times
Default B12 for weightloss

I know a fair number of people taking B12 for weightloss. I think that it's not the B12 that does it, but the resulting energy you get that helps you stay active longer. I'm a vegetarian, and had anaemia because of my diet. After taking B12 for nearly 7 months, I've noticed I've been more active, less prone to headaches and moodswings, and all that nasty general malaise I had is gone. I also ended up losing a little weight. (not so much since I only started feel good enough to work out a couple months ago.) I used to get injections from a doctor's clinic, for $400 a trip. After changing jobs, I couldn't afford it anymore, and found this place online that sells the B12 I now use. (it's Buy Vitamin B12 Shots - Your Vitamin B12 Injectables Store) I talked to the customer service rep on the phone first, and I'm really glad I did, because he said that just working out alone wouldn't help with the weight loss: you have to detox too, or the metals in your body will just make you gain fat back to maintain a safe toxicity level in your body. It makes so much sense now. And so, I'm taking the B12 injections, Ribose, and doing infrared sauna along with basic yoga. I get the Ribose from them too, the site address is Buy Ribose - 100% Pure Patented Bioenergy Ribose Powder. I'm really looking forward to being able to wear a bikini and not feel ugly for next summer!

Old 01-06-2010, 04:21 AM

3,627 posts, read 12,818,089 times
Stelva, in all fairness, as a vegetarian your sources of B12 have become more limited. I know that I am just taking a basic multivitamin (centrum senior) and eating about 4 oz meat [chicken or fish] dialy and some no fat kefir and yogurt and my B12 always winds up at around 1500% of the RDA.

Unless you have physiological problems with uptake.......as in people with gastric bypass or are a strict vegan, it is hard to be deficient. So far I have lost 25 lbs since October with a basic hour and a half a day of excercise, cutting my calories to about 1500 a day, and eating a healthy diet. Lots of fluid intake should "detox". Two tihngs helping with my energy are.........excercise [found out the hard way I cannot do it after dinner because I could not get to sleep] and getting my sodium and potassium in balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or