Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:13 PM

39 posts, read 679,260 times

Advertisements

I recently went to a a clinic called, "A Doctor's Weight Clinic". (Really originial huh?!) My friend had gone there and this one shot they give their patients has vitamin b12 and b-complex, b6 and lipotropic. She lost 50 pounds in 4 months on this, and says it helped get her appetite under control, and she has kept it off even after she stopped getting the shots. I am overweight and am not looking for a quick fix, but for something to help me get back on track because I literally have no will power and just need something to help get me started. I went for a consultation and all I can say is, wow it is expensive. For 3 shots a week for 6 weeks it is 300 bucks. Now I am not that desperate! But I know all these women who have done this and it has helped them lose 40 pounds, I just cannot get over the price. Has anyone else tried this shot, or can you offer any advice for other medications to just get me back on track?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 11:02 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
B complex diets really don't work for the general population, unless you are eating most of your calories when you are hung over or have a deficiency. Seriously, if you drink and take a B complex vitamin it does wonders for being hung over the next day (heck, I do it). If you are deficient in B vitamins it might help, but you should change your diet to get more...or if you are getting a good amount and still have low levels get it checked by a doctor why that is happening.

For some people it's a placebo or a change that gets them started to actually eating well...I wouldn't knock it there if it does work either way. The only way to do it is not have a radical change, but to incorporate new habits into you lifestyle in order to make healthy choices natural. You don't need to do radical and sudden changes, I haven't had those work for me honestly...but working in healthy choices has done a good job...not enough so far, but more then enough for me to notice.

Also, B complex shots are cheaper than dirt...we bill out at the hospital level to insurance providers at less then $5 a shot for the same things. That's one hell of a handling fee of $300 a shot for the same thing at a clinic.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:43 PM

5 posts, read 207,943 times
whoopeedew: I just went to a clinic with the same name. I was quoted $1200. for 4 months. That's 3 shots per week for 4 months and the shot is called "the works" it has the B12, B6, AMP, Lipo-B and a B Complex (I think one more also). I "almost" paid that amount. I am supposed to go back tomorrow because I forgot my credit card in my uniform pocket back at work. I don't know if $1200 is a good price..? Anyone know? It does include the AMP (Adenosine Monophosphate) which I am unable to find a website that sells AMP. It appears that has to be given at a clinic.
Does anyone know if $1200 sounds reasonable? Apparently, I can loose 48lbs in the 4 months (which I only need to loose 40). for $1200.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breedencc View Post
whoopeedew: I just went to a clinic with the same name. I was quoted $1200. for 4 months. That's 3 shots per week for 4 months and the shot is called "the works" it has the B12, B6, AMP, Lipo-B and a B Complex (I think one more also). I "almost" paid that amount. I am supposed to go back tomorrow because I forgot my credit card in my uniform pocket back at work. I don't know if $1200 is a good price..? Anyone know? It does include the AMP (Adenosine Monophosphate) which I am unable to find a website that sells AMP. It appears that has to be given at a clinic.
Does anyone know if $1200 sounds reasonable? Apparently, I can loose 48lbs in the 4 months (which I only need to loose 40). for $1200.

They quoted me 950 for 5 months (I am getting one month free with this price) and this includes the supplements. Yours is way higher! Does it include the supplements?

Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,569,167 times
gosh, for those prices I would be much more inclined to hire a personal trailer five days a week and hire someone to make my meals for me!! You will have much, much better results!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:18 AM

239 posts, read 1,092,201 times
Any results to report?

Old 05-04-2009, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 192,123 times
This is the 1st time about b12 shots! Does that realy work? I've been trying to lose 25 lbs for the past year. I don't eat much and I excersise and for some reason I can't lose the weight.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:11 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,977,263 times
This is so interesting. In veterinary medicine we give B12 injections to stimulate appetite.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:45 AM

Well, I decided to save my money on the shots and went to the doctor yesterday and started phentermine this morning to jump start my weight loss and then I will be able to get my appetite under control. I already jog/walk (working my way up to jogging the whole way)for 3 miles 5 times a week. So, weight loss here I come!

Old 05-06-2009, 03:06 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,569,167 times
Be careful with the drugs. My docter wouldn't prescribe it to me because what it does is speed up the heart. And I'm a healthy 35 year old, there's nothing wrong with me other than I need to lose 40 lbs.

But that is how I chose my doctors, I don't want them throwing pills at me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss