Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 749 times

Advertisements

I don't think that they are geared more towards women. I just think that women tend to focus on health more than men do. Think about it. In most marriages, the woman outlives the man because she focuses on going out often, jogging, being in the gym, and eating healthy while her husband relies on his beer & remote control for mental health and happiness. Keep in mind that I am not talking about all relationships. Just most. I myself weighed almost 340 pounds at one point until I found a system that helped me out extremely. Now I'm 190 pounds and feeling great standing at six feet tall. It is not hard to do. It's all about determination & dedication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 09:23 PM

21,836 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
WW meetings are not for socializing even though that happens before and after the meeting. The meetings are supposed to be about techniques on how to stay on the plan. They get 30 minutes to do that so they are not going to waste that time talking about other stuff. If your WW meetings are being led by someone who is allowing this type of small talk then I would find another one to go to, or complain.
Never been to one. My mom went for a while. She lasted about two weeks, said it was Stepford Wives. Bunch of middle-aged stay-at-home empty nesters. She was younger, worked full-time, doesn't really care about girly stuff anymore than I do. That's always the impression I've had of it.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:32 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Never been to one. My mom went for a while. She lasted about two weeks, said it was Stepford Wives. Bunch of middle-aged stay-at-home empty nesters. She was younger, worked full-time, doesn't really care about girly stuff anymore than I do. That's always the impression I've had of it.
There can be that element. When I went it was a mix of young and old with a few men.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:22 PM

7 posts, read 3,078 times
Default You can successfully lose weight even if you "go it alone"

There are a number of weight loss registries that follow people who have been able to successfully lose weight. The majority of men in these registries elected to "go it alone" as opposed to using commercial weight loss programs like Weight Watchers or Nutrisystem. They had similar levels of success with keeping the weight off. So it is possible to do it without spending $400 per month. There are a lot of great books out there that are effective. If you like to lift weights, I personally lost 27 lbs in 6 months (and have kept it off more than a year so far) using Bigger, Leaner, Stronger by Michael Matthews. It is highly rated on Amazon and I definitely saw results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss