Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 03:43 AM

25 posts, read 136,825 times

Advertisements

Yeah its really good, thanks alot! Are you also doing JUDDD pitt? What has been you're experience?

I went to my belly dacing class and it was great, we learn howto do body rolls and these craz rib cage movements, it was a really good work out for your abs too.

How have you been going with your diet Doing it>?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 05:53 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphiregirl View Post
I remember, a friend tried JUDD. She plunges on pastry and ice cream during her down day and does a lot of exercises on her up days. It worked for her. She was able to lose the extra 50-lb in 4 months.

Huh?! There is like NO nutrition in pastries or ice cream. And a pastry has like 300+ calories! Please explain this.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:48 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
I did do JUDD for awhile. I was trying a mix of things to shift some pounds that just were not coming off due to my limited ability to exercise. I used that and HIIT to reduce my bodyfat% and weight. It was a couple years ago. I have to be mindful of how much I eat but I don't really count calories exactly. So if I put on more than 5 lbs I will do JUDD,QOD or zig zagging calories to get it back off. Depends what energy level I need. I did not have any pounds come back on when I weaned up my calories. When I put on weight I am eating for it.

Right now I just put on a few pounds on purpose and am trying to just maintain and workout to increase my cardio health/ability.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:19 AM

JUDD, QOD and zig zagging are all basically the same thing right? if not, what are the differences?

Old 11-01-2009, 09:44 PM

Kinda...

JUDD:
- calorie counting to turn on repair gene
- first two weeks down days must be under 500 but can increase after 2wks (% calc guidelines)
- up days free to eat what you want
- mealshakes promoted for use on low calorie days esp @ start

QOD: (also has high/low days)
- low day is 300 calories from non-protein source (max) + 200 protein cals
- must control : sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium,fiber
- up day has a sodium recc.
(more details on site)

Zig Zagging:
- This is just changing your calorie intake every day or every 2 days so the body does not slow the metab to a lower calorie diet. Its good for anyone wanting to break a stall in any food plan (low carb,low fat etc) It is much higher calorie than the other two.
Calculator:
Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

Old 11-03-2009, 03:16 AM

Once again Pitt....THANK YOU!
I'm really back on track with JUDDD at the moment, but being summer here in Aus is blistering hot and motivation to exercise is low! The festive season might be a bit of a challenge, but hopefully by then it'll be just maintenance not weight loss.

What kind of exercise are you doing to increase your cardio?

Old 11-03-2009, 11:05 AM

I don't know how you can take that austin heat! ☺ It would kill me!

I have a stationary bike with mag resistance for cardio. I just hop on that. I have not been this past week...I really should get back to it..ehh..Im lazy. ☺

Old 11-05-2009, 06:56 AM

4 posts, read 41,431 times
I'm glad I found this thread. I currently have 15 pounds left to go, and today will be my first day trying JUDD (down day 483 calories). ANy tips will be appreciated. Does anyone work out on their down days, if so, how much will be too much workout on a down day.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:30 AM

hey loose15pounds!!
i try to workout most days, mostly because it gets me in the right frame of mind, especially on down days...you dont want to ruin your hard work at the gym AND your diet!
i dont do strenuous cardio on my down days, usually just a jog or long walk or pilates.
so far i have lost almost 8 pounds and its going well.
keep us posted on your goals!!

Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 PM

I did not work out on my down days. If you do, start light and make sure that you stay hydrated. The body get a lot of fluid from food that you won't be eating on that down day. Plus the lower your carbs are the less your body tends to hold water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss