Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:05 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,258 times

Advertisements

Good Morning All....,I was going to wait until after my next weigh in but couldn't. I have been cooking from my Weight Watchers cookbook and I must say it is the "bomb". Tonight I am making Pork Roast glazed with dijon mustard and apricot jam. Get to have veggies and a salad along with it. Can't beat that. Last night it was Spaghetti Bolognese and it was great. Just getting use to taking smaller portions and enjoying my meals with the hubs who is also doing the diet with me.

I am feeling better already, still have a long, long way to go but have a pretty good attitude about this whole thing. Thanks for the support and I will let you know my total weight loss for week one after I get weighed in this Saturday,

See you lighter

Pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 09:27 AM

14 posts, read 60,217 times
Feeling better is a true sign of success!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:08 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,254,094 times
Hooray for you! Thank you for sharing!

Old 07-26-2009, 05:21 AM

Default Connecticut Pam - Week one Complete on WW

Good Morning all!!

Well, week one went by and it was actually really easy and fun if you can believe that. I used my WW cookbook and worked up some great recipes for mostly dinners and some lunches. I made this amazing pork roast with a dijon mustard and apricot jam glaze, it was outstanding. Had other things in it like garlic, salt, pepper but it was "the bomb"... I was finding that I couldn't get all of my required points in for the day, (required foods) so there is definitely not a lack of nourishment on this program.

Saturday 7/25- Weight Watchers weigh in and class day 11:00 AM and I am a bit nervous. They have this neat scale that is hooked up to their computers on the desk so your weigh-in is very private. I get on the scale hoping for a big loss and there it was...3.4 pounds!! Now, some people would think that it should be more but not true. It is far better for your body to lose slowly so that you don't get all that hangie skin stuff.,.oh YICK. I am jazzed now over losing that much. Think of it in terms of losing 3.4 pounds of butter...that's a lot of butter!!

At class we talked about the importance of moving and exercising along with the weight loss. I am concerned at my weight that I will harm my body walking or perhaps jogging anywhere. Of course the picture in my mind of me jogging is enough to SCARE ME AWAY from that course of action..,LOL. So, will stick to swimming in my pool until I lose at least 10 pounds.

So it begins!! Onward to week #2 and trying to get more "movement" into my diet plan. Stay with me friends and I promise as soon as I reach a decent weight, I will post a before and after on here..if I can figure that one out! LOL

See you lighter!
Connecticut Pam

Old 07-26-2009, 08:11 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Think of it in terms of losing 3.4 pounds of butter...that's a lot of butter!!
More likely two pounds of butter and three cups of water or two pounds of butter and 1.4 pounds of digestive tract contents. (I'm just very skeptical if someone actually had a caloric daily delta of 3500 * 3.4/7 = 1700 calories. That's daily calories.)

But still, that's a good start.

Keep going. Losing weight isn't really that hard.

It's what comes after losing weight that is hard.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:53 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,382 times
Way to go Pam!

I agree with you that meeting the daily points requirement can be a challange!

Old 07-28-2009, 06:19 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Great job! You may find as the next weeks pass you might lose fewer lbs per week.

The first week always seems to lose you more weight.

I think it has to do with the percentage of your body weight but please do not quote me on that.

I have found that losing fewer lbs per week helps to keep it off easier.

I want to get rid of ten lbs.

I consume about 1200-1400 calories a day and do not find it to be very hard.

I'll tell you what happens after I come back from a mini vacation.

Those things always mess me up and I have to start over again..

Good luck to you Pam, I have been following your journey and wish you well!!

Robyn

Old 07-28-2009, 08:19 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

I consume about 1200-1400 calories a day
That's a snack for me.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Great job! You may find as the next weeks pass you might lose fewer lbs per week.
The first week always seems to lose you more weight.
I think it has to do with the percentage of your body weight but please do not quote me on that.
I have found that losing fewer lbs per week helps to keep it off easier.
I want to get rid of ten lbs. I consume about 1200-1400 calories a day and do not find it to be very hard.I'll tell you what happens after I come back from a mini vacationThose things always mess me up and I have to start over again..Good luck to you Pam, I have been following your journey and wish you well!!
Robyn
Thanks for the well wishes Robyn and have a great time on vacation. That is not the time to try to diet but I would say it is the time to keep an eye on what you do consume. Anyone who has dieted before knows that you are pretty much conscious of what you eat the whole time you are away..just the nature of the beast. My husband and I don't travel much if at all. We both don't like to fly, both don't like staying in Motels and if anything, we take day trips. So, because I don't work, I am home all the time or out shopping, with friends at lunch or in the summer swimming in our pool in between the housework and tending to the pets. You would think my weight wouldn't be an issue but it is and always has been. I have soared way up this time and as I mentioned, will post a before and after on here once I am done. Thanks again for the well wishes and I am more than determined to get this weight off...all of the support on here has been so helpful...thanks again,

Pam

Old 07-29-2009, 10:08 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
We're all on your side.

Keep us posted on your progress, pam.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss