Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:10 AM

82 posts, read 377,621 times

Advertisements

i just delivered my baby 2 weeks ago. i gained 40 pounds at i'm a very little and petite girl. i started using one of those belly band to tighten up my big tummy.
does anyone know if the diet pill really works? i have about 20 pounds to loose. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 01:49 PM

63 posts, read 248,465 times
It takes time after you have a baby to lose the weight. Your body will slowly take most of the weight off with time. Your stomach will slowly shrink down in the next few months. You will be amazed how much it goes back even within the first six weeks. You need to be patient and give yourself sometime. Your body took 9 months to get that way. Give yourself at least a little while to get it back.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:19 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
But also consider a few other things: Statistically, people gain weight with age. So, if you had became pregnant at 25, had the baby and now you are 26 pushing 27 you would have put on a couple pounds even if you didn't have a baby.

Also, now that you have major 24/7 responsibilities (and you may be tethered to your home and its refrigerator) it may be more difficult to eat less. Compared to going to work in an office, where you might bring a finite amount of food for the day, the fridge is always there, easily accessible, 24/7 goodies (and you "deserve" those goodies).

You also might be under a lot more stress than you were two three years ago. Some people think stressful environments makes people eat more.

Finally, it doesn't get any easier. It only gets harder.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:00 AM

304 posts, read 1,326,014 times
I am mom to 2, and though I loved being pregnany, I gained enoromous amounts of weight for my 5'2 frame (50 pounds each time). It is frustrating and you will go through periods of sadness about your body, but you really need to give yourself some time. I was very angry when I would see people with month old babies wearing a size 0. Although I have seen this with my own eyes, I don't think this is the norm (or even healthy). A doctor will tell you that you shouldn't aim to lose more than 2 pounds a week. There are many factors besides how much you eat that will determine how fast you lose weight. I beleive most of the gain (and the loss) is geneticly determined. I say that because I did 2 entirely different things with each of my 2 pregnancies and the time after and it was basically the same weight gain and the same time period to take it off. It was frustraing, but my weight did not fully come until each of my babies were 9 months old (the time it took to put it on was the same).

Don't let it get you down, eventually you will lose it. Good Luck!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:00 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Do not diet when breastfeeding. Just worry about eating healthy and enough to make milk if that is your way of feeding the baby right now. Especially do not take any diet pills when breast feeding.

Diet pills are best left to when you hit a stall in loss. A true stall is when you are on a diet and have not loss a pound in 3 months. Do not take anything until then. Diet pills are also prone to losing effectiveness after 4-8 weeks. Take a break for a couple months after you go through a bottle but be prepared that you may have to just deal with being hungry on break.

I personally think it is harder to start "all natural no pill" weightloss but is easier in the long run because you do not have that pill-free rebound hunger and its just cheaper not to have to buy a pill. Pills can also fool the body in the way that prolonged hunger is a sign your body is not getting enough nutrients and/or calories. Improving food quality, dropping salt, sugar, fake sugar can help with that naturally.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:54 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol_Stacey View Post
I beleive most of the gain (and the loss) is geneticly determined.
I agree the genetics plays a huge role in weight control. However, I think it has less to do with the amount of excess weight a person puts on per calorie and more to do with how hungry some people are. I think most people would look about the same if they ate about the same. However I think some people have bigger appetites, they are hungrier, than other people. I think this has something to do with genetics in that some people's "genetic map" drives them to weigh more and the body's way of getting to that higher weight is by making a person hungry until they get there.

Thinner people in general eat to the same satisfaction level as heavier people; Unfortunately for heavier people, that satisfaction level requires more calories.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:46 PM

18 posts, read 53,674 times
Hi NYC1, first let me congratulate you on your baby. That’s GREAT news!

To answer your question… A friend of mine recently had a baby daughter and she had put on a similar amount of weight (approx. 35lbs) during her pregnancy. About 3 months after giving birth she started using a diet pill called Prescopodene and so far has lost 21 pounds (in 5 weeks!). She is looking far better now, but she wants to keep going and lose another 15 pounds although IMO, she looks the perfect weight now. Here is the site where you can purchase this diet pill :: Prescopodene :: Buy Direct and Save on Prescopodene ::.

Anyway, of course being slim also helps boost our confidence.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:28 PM

1 posts, read 9,554 times
I got this garment called the body magic from hourglassgoddess.com and it helped me to lose the weight pretty fast. it was tight around my belly, so i couldn't eat as much as i usually did, kinda like lapband and then it kept my skin from getting loose when i lost the weight. I lost about 25 pounds in the first 3 weeks and in 2 months, i was back to my pre-baby weight. they also have stretchmark and cellulite cream that works pretty well too!

Old 10-08-2009, 07:11 PM

10 posts, read 43,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borninAugust View Post
A friend of mine recently had a baby daughter and she had put on a similar amount of weight (approx. 35lbs) during her pregnancy. About 3 months after giving birth she started using a diet pill called Prescopodene and so far has lost 21 pounds (in 5 weeks!). She is looking far better now, but she wants to keep going and lose another 15 pounds although IMO, she looks the perfect weight now. Here is the site where you can purchase this diet pill :: Prescopodene :: Buy Direct and Save on Prescopodene ::.

Anyway, of course being slim also helps boost our confidence.
borninAugust, When I decided to trim down and lose weight, a friend also suggested Prescopodene pill. I tried it and it worked! Of course, with a little change on my diet although I don't exercise a lot. Now, I only need to maintain the weight I lost so I still eat less than usual.

NYC1, how is your weight loss program doing? Hope you can update us.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:58 AM

18 posts, read 53,674 times
Allison, it's good to hear that Prescopodene worked for you. I hope to hear more cases like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss