Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 08:12 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,248,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Hey Foma! I am almost finished with phase 3 and have maintained my weight loss. I fluctuate within a few pounds but that's okay. I started at 267 in beginning of August and I'm down to 215. Yay! I have learned SO much about healthy eating through this program!! Can't wait to drop the last 50 lbs and be done with losing weight!!
I'm so proud of you Hoosier! The real test begins when the rules are gone and you have to start picking your own foods to eat. I know you can do it!! The incentive to keep it off and the results you've seen so far should be your inspiration! Best to you and keep me informed H.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 08:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,943,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I have learned SO much about healthy eating through this program!!
Care to share with us what that is? Specifics please. Did they provide you with an informational booklet on nutrition?

Old 10-23-2010, 09:54 AM

I can comment on that. There are specific types of foods you can eat on the diet and my doctor gave me a list. I followed the list religiously and when I was getting close to the end of the diet I wanted to expand my choices. Because of the diet, I learned about the low glycemic index and counting calories. I had to count calories to the T during the diet and it became a habit. I ball park it now that it's over whereas before I even started the diet, I pretty much igonored it. I know how carbs affect my body. I can tell the difference when I eat whole grains vs simple carbs. When I slip, I have the tools to help me get back on track whereas before, when I slipped from any diet, I never got back on. I force fruits and veggies into my diet now, being concscious of it now and even craving it, whereas before I could go weeks of just junk food.

There are definitely alternative ways to learn what I did but it was this experience specifically that forced me to open my eyes. I had to live it in the extreme side (ie the diet) - which I admit wasn't exactly healthy - but I think I've found a good middle ground now. This diet isn't worth it if you don't plan to make a lifestyle change. I've emphasized that enough, I think, but it did force me to acknowledge my unhealthy nutrition habits. I could see the difference between what I was eating before, during, and now be able to make choices.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:59 AM

37,092 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Because of the diet, I learned about the low glycemic index and counting calories. I had to count calories to the T during the diet and it became a habit.
That's the entire reason you lost weight. The HCG had nothing to do with it.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That's the entire reason you lost weight. The HCG had nothing to do with it.
I don't disagree with you.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
I don't disagree with you.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:56 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,858,966 times
I had never even heard of this till I moved to the South a few months ago. The majority of people here are morbidly obese. There are billboards and signs all along the highway and even country roads advertising this HCG crap. Scammers can really make an easy buck hawking this stuff in places where people would do anything to avoid having to exercise or put down their doughnut.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:15 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,943,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Scammers can really make an easy buck hawking this stuff in places where people would do anything to avoid having to exercise or put down their doughnut.
Those same scammers are quite active here on the two HCG threads. You'll see them constantly creating new profiles to come in and say how great HCG is. You'll come back in a few months and see those same folks with only ONE post in their history and its on HCG.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:09 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,858,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Those same scammers are quite active here on the two HCG threads. You'll see them constantly creating new profiles to come in and say how great HCG is. You'll come back in a few months and see those same folks with only ONE post in their history and its on HCG.
Thanks for the heads up. Its not anything I would ever consider using. It does say something about HCG if people are being chased down on message boards to try to sell it to them. Just wait in a few years there will be lawsuits from people who got cancer from receiving the injections. Not to mention all the men made sterile from receiving too high a dosage. What's wrong with losing weight the old fashion way and just exercising & watching what you eat?

Old 10-23-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Its not anything I would ever consider using. It does say something about HCG if people are being chased down on message boards to try to sell it to them. Just wait in a few years there will be lawsuits from people who got cancer from receiving the injections. Not to mention all the men made sterile from receiving too high a dosage. What's wrong with losing weight the old fashion way and just exercising & watching what you eat?
The doses the dieters are taking are harmless. It's just that the HCG does nothing. Placebo. Big waste of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss