U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 02:21 PM

11,294 posts, read 16,067,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio1975 View Post
Thanks, but no thanks.... I actually found a legitimate doctor in my area. I am not looking for some scam. But thanks for the info....
If you're not looking for some scam, then your legitimate doctor won't be shooting you up with a hormone and putting you on a starvation diet; he'll be instructing you on healthy balanced meals and productive exercise instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 02:23 PM

9,826 posts, read 9,385,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio1975 View Post
Thanks, but no thanks.... I actually found a legitimate doctor in my area. I am not looking for some scam. But thanks for the info....
No "legitimate" doctor will prescribe it.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:47 AM

3,275 posts, read 6,143,483 times
Diet Scam 101: The hCG Con Everyday Fitness

The hCG Diet Scam Exposed

Physician’s Plan Blog Archive HcG Diet Scam

HCG Worthless as Weight-Loss Aid

For anyone considering taking HCG, please click on the above sites and read first!! The information in the above links will put to rest and ideas that HCG works and also outlines the dangers/side effects.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlillydownunder View Post
My most recent ECU Vario Wellness Clinic (Perth) DEXA Scan will argue with you over that. I have undertaken/enrolled in the Wellness Program since finishing my last dose of hcg.

And, just for information exchange , I have never said that I don't exercise. I am very active; I play community sports. I go to the gym. I hate the gym, but I go. And now that the pool is open again, I am swimming and my friends and I have formed a casual "water aerobics class". We have weighted belts, and tread water in the deep end. Which is harder than it sound with 4 extra kgs strapped to you! Legs feel like jelly when you get out.

right now I'm in P3, which is a stabilizing phase. I am not currently on hcg (because I can't get anymore and haven't approached a doctor here about it yet.) Basically I'm eating a modified Atkins plan (the nutritionist modified it for me, in controlled portions, and I average 1200-1500 calories a day. I have had a couple of days where I've had nearly 2000 calories, but they were planned events, and I'd made adjustments the day before to allow myself the extra calories. No adverse affects--so far. Still journaling my food, still taking my multi-vitamin & mineral supps, still drinking my water, still getting my BP checked and recorded weekly (now by EMT's at work).

I am not advocating anyone doing this program; I'm just telling my story. I feel it's worth hearing. Others may disagree and right it off. That's fine too. People make their own choices. To each their own, live and let live I say. Some people starve, some people binge/purge, some do drugs (street or prescription) some exercise until they drop. I've done all that, multiple times. Now, I do (well, did) hcg and have no regrets at all, other than I regret that I've run out! hahaha For me, it's been a Godsend. For others eating well and exercising are a Godsend. I can only maintain weight that way, not lose. Certainly not change my shape. I don't know why this works, for me, but it did. I'm sorry but the proof is in my measurements and stats, and the change of physique.

I'm still not close to my ultimate goal weight (goal is 170lbs at 5'7" in my stocking feet--yes I realise that is still too large, according to the stupid FLAWED BMI, but whatever...I'm comfortable with 170 and will reassess when I get there), and yes, I'm still fat, but not nearly as fat as I was.

I've had to go out and buy all new clothes because mine literally fell off me. Shirts and bras especially (bra went from a 44D to a 34C--I can't even remember the last time I was in a bra under a 38!! Now instead of the heavy duty industrial strength 18 hour fugly things, I have pretty, feminine, MATCHING bra and undie sets. Haven't had matching sets since I was..........25? 26??). Usually it's just jeans and pants I have to replace, but this time I had to buy all new tops as well. You can not know how great that felt! I'm in much better proportion, top to bottom. I am an apple shape or inverted triangle, whichever phrase blows your hair back, and my tops are usually at least 2, sometimes 3 or 4 times larger than my pants size. I always have to buy seprates, which sucks eggs.

I am starting to feel like a "normal" person, looks wise. But, whether anyone believe me or not, I also feel better in myself. And yes, it stems largely from looking better, but I have to tell you I feel fantastic! I don't have headaches; I have more energy; I'm able to focus on tasks.....I'm still self conscious, but I am getting so much better at that too..

I'm also not obsessed with food. While sometimes I get a hankering for something, I am able to put it into context. I am keen to not regain what I've lost, not because the number is so great, but because I'm smaller and shaped different. I don't want to go back to wearing Aunt Agnes's bras! I don't want to hang my pretty new clothes in the back of the closet because they no longer fit. I want to wear them!

So take that for what it's worth to you, if anything.

I just think that just because you can't scientifically quantify something doesn't mean it's not possible or realistic.

Hi Tigerlillydownunder My Husband and I did HCG last year very successfully, obtaining the hormone thru our GP then taking it directly to compounding chemist. I have a friend on the land outside Bussleton. would like to recommend a doc/chemist in WA - who did you obtain yours from?.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:55 PM

12,980 posts, read 18,263,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifever View Post
Hi Tigerlillydownunder My Husband and I did HCG last year very successfully, obtaining the hormone thru our GP then taking it directly to compounding chemist. I have a friend on the land outside Bussleton. would like to recommend a doc/chemist in WA - who did you obtain yours from?.
LOL @ this post.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:09 AM

5,309 posts, read 9,163,192 times
I have a friend who actually took this crap too. She just posted pictures of herself and she looks fatter than ever despite she claims she lost weight. It looks like to me she lost a ton of muscle and terrible. She looked better before. This 500 calorie a day I dont care what your injecting is a get fat, lose muscle diet!! You people are desperate and I feel sorry for you. Measure your bodyfat I am sure in time you will be a little sausage!!!

Old 02-15-2012, 08:49 AM

2,227 posts, read 2,152,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifever View Post
As P. T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM

807 posts, read 1,206,254 times
this thread is obviosly not providing any new information. Can we just close it and make it "read-only"?

Old 02-15-2012, 03:57 PM

11,294 posts, read 16,067,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_2010 View Post
this thread is obviosly not providing any new information. Can we just close it and make it "read-only"?
I've requested this several times, each time there's a new one-post wonder in it. Same with the older Weight Watchers thread, which is nothing but a bunch of one-shot e-mail phishers looking for suckers to send them their e-mail address so they can be put on a virus list.

I've also requested it in the ask the staff forum, but Marka says the staff doesn't -want- to do this. So unfortunately, we're stuck with phishers, scammers, paid shills, and bumped threads about fraudulent and potentially dangerous products.

Perhaps if more people complain and use the REPORT feature, the admin will take it serously and start locking these threads.

On topic: Don't take HCG. It's a scam.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:20 PM

5,578 posts, read 8,013,132 times
Was this the same diet that was featured on a 30 Days episode (Morgan Spurlock)?

If so... there's no way I would ever support someone I love following this. It's very dangerous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss