Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 05:49 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times

Advertisements

HCGITIS, I have lost 56lbs since October. I got past looking for miracle cures and instead looked within to personal accountability. I think maybe somewhere in this thread I pointed to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine that showed there was no difference between a 500 calorie a day diet with or without the HCG. Of course I am sure the response that there is absolutely no peer reviewed research supporting this diet will be met with some "conspiracy theory" type response.

VLCD causes the reduction in abdominal fat.There is peer reviewed data on that.

This program has been around from the 50s and is based on flawed science. Believe it or not there is no such thing as "abnormal" fat. It is known there is a metabolic difference between abdominal fat and subcutaneous fat though.

You say go read a book. I have read "Younger Next Year" and have found a lot of good guidance there. I also know individuals for whom this "diet" has been a colossal failure because it has not reset their behaviors and they just gained it all back.

You really don't need to talk with me about willpower.......you don't know me personally and to make such assumptions is laughable - instead of making personal jabs, just stick to the facts and supporting info, none of which you have shared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 06:21 PM

7 posts, read 41,394 times
Of course I know it has been around since the 50's. I have done my research. No, I do not feel that I need to waste my time and share my research with you. Why? You hate the idea anyway. You started the personal jabs telling people to get up and exercise. DUH! Wow! Where did you come up with that idea? Obviously we have been there and done that. It is great that it is working for you, but our bodies are obviously different. I didnt just start working out for a diet, I have always worked out. I dont need you telling me how to exercise. Now, I did the HCG. It was wonderful..FOR ME. I have lost a great deal of weight, I learned portion sizes, and I have learned which foods are more dangerous for me. On the diet I felt wonderful. I have lost weight in places that all the exercise in the world wouldnt lose. In Iraq I ran 4-5 miles every morning and I lost some weight, but I could not get the weight off of certain areas. I look and feel so much better than I ever have before...even when I was ON the diet. So I know your program doesnt work for me, but I dont have to bash it. My program has worked wonders for me. Just leave it alone. If it is such a joke why do you continue to come on here and post? If you dont agree with it, drop it!

Old 06-14-2010, 08:35 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
How much you want to bet that this noob has something to gain from pushing this diet?

Old 06-15-2010, 06:53 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
How much you want to bet that this noob has something to gain from pushing this diet?
Of course they do. Take a look at the two - three HCG diet threads here. Every single person who chimes in supporting the diet or attacking those who are voice of reason (usually me) are always the one(s) who just created profile specifically to post on HCG.

You'll notice that they usually have less than 10 posts and all of them are on HCG.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 6,735 times
Default hcg diet

okay all you hater's the diet does work i know over 10 people who have done this and have had great results ...also have kept it off for over 2 years so i decided to give it a try .... we will see if it works remember this diet is a cleanse that is why it is so strict who cares about a shot there are worse things out there ..hmmm let me think a hamburger at a fast food chain who know's what is in that or what hormone's

Old 06-20-2010, 05:52 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Of course they do. Take a look at the two - three HCG diet threads here. Every single person who chimes in supporting the diet or attacking those who are voice of reason (usually me) are always the one(s) who just created profile specifically to post on HCG.

You'll notice that they usually have less than 10 posts and all of them are on HCG.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:24 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

I've read through this thread and the other one and just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the efforts that you, grannynancy, Bosco55David (and anyone else I missed) put forth by trying to spread "the voice of reason" around here!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:33 PM

5 posts, read 16,943 times
Default losing weight

i love hcg

Old 08-24-2010, 10:34 PM

22 posts, read 37,452 times
Congratulations FOMA! I personally know how hard the diet is. I did so much research on the HCG diet and was so ready to do it but I have failed. All my friends who did it said it was so easy. Not so at all!!!I stuck with it for about 9 days and I was miserable the entire time. I am beating myself up for not being able to stick with it but it did make me realize that I need to get rid of the carbs and sugar. I liked the no chemical idea and am still using the soap and shampoo/conditioner that was allowed on the diet and I have am off the artificial sweetener and eating a lot more veggies. My skin looks great and I did lose about 3 pounds or 5 pounds if you count the weight gained on the loading days. I hope your next phases go well for you.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:51 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,293 times
What does hcg stand for? It sounds to me like the hormone produced in pregnancy but it can't be that? If it is how would that hormone make you lose weight. All hcg did for me when I was pregnant was cause me to GAIN 40 pounds LOL.

Last edited by KylieEve; 08-25-2010 at 12:53 AM.. Reason: .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss