Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:30 AM

22 posts, read 76,695 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am looking to get one of those subliminal weight loss programs to help support me in my weight loss efforts. No, I don't think I can watch a DVD or listen to a CD and all of a sudden drop 50 lbs! I am planning on returning to a plan I used years ago and it worked fabulously for me (a modified version of Dean Ornish). After the first few weeks of getting used to it, I enjoyed eating that way, lost a ton of weight, my energy shot through the roof, and the weight just literally melted off. I'm older now, though, and feel I might need some additional methods of support and encouragement along the way. I had read about a DVD/CD package put out by a Steve Murray about subliminal weight loss, and it seemed to get good reviews, but was wondering if there were others. Has anyone used any of the other DVD's or CD's that are on the market for subliminal weight loss and felt they were helpful? Does anyone have any experience with this latest one by Steve Murray? Open to all helpful suggestions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 05:28 AM

4 posts, read 9,281 times
Maybe you can pray?

Old 05-28-2010, 06:42 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Praying is good. So is eating less and moving more.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:59 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Very helpful.

Don't be so snide in dismissing visualization and meditation as a tool. For some people who are open to it, it really does help with the "mind over matter issues" in the weight loss journey.

Hopefulpamom, I really don't have any specific resources for you. I've heard people talking about some guided meditation available over the internet, but don't know exactly where to find them. Check out Amazon and read the reviews of the CDs.

Also try some of the weight loss sites, like SparkPeople; they may have something online.

Good luck!

Old 05-29-2010, 04:47 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
I wasn't being snide. I was being honest. You want to lose weight? Eat less and move more.

It is a mind over matter issue..I totally agree on that..and once you MAKE UP YOUR MIND, you will be successful in your new lifestyle..notice I didn't say diet or weight loss program? It's a lifestyle change that has to be made and it starts from the inside.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:54 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
I find Gilad works the best! It is an excercise guy and we do cardio plus some weight lifting, plus I do yoga and work on my Wii. I think that will work far better than any sleep sort of thing.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:15 PM

Meditation is not a "sleep sort of thing." Nor does it replace exercise and eating healthy foods. Perhaps you should read up on how meditation can be used as a tool for developing good habits before commenting on it.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Meditation is not a "sleep sort of thing." Nor does it replace exercise and eating healthy foods. Perhaps you should read up on how meditation can be used as a tool for developing good habits before commenting on it.
I don't know if you were talking to me? I didn't indicate anything about meditation which I think is a wondeful thing! I do think body movement in addition to mediation will be needed though

Old 06-02-2010, 05:57 AM

Hpefulpamom, Some friends of mine have recommended CDs by Jon Kabat-Zinn for mindfulnees meditation. I don't know if he deals specifically with weight loss, but mindfulness meditation of any kind no doubt would be appropriate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I didn't indicate anything about meditation which I think is a wondeful thing! :
But that's what this thread is about. Didn't you read the original post?

Old 06-02-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Hpefulpamom, Some friends of mine have recommended CDs by Jon Kabat-Zinn for mindfulnees meditation. I don't know if he deals specifically with weight loss, but mindfulness meditation of any kind no doubt would be appropriate.

But that's what this thread is about. Didn't you read the original post?
Sure whatever you say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss