Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:34 AM

199 posts, read 591,561 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried this? author natalia rose.

I found it an interesting read, although it's assertions were a bit watered down to make it more palatable for a western/U.S. audience weaned on junk food.

The basic idea as far as I can tell is that you want to eat live foods which eliminate quickly.

The main technique is to avoid certain combinations, I can't remember which ones are recommended or forbidden. Obviously, there is an emphasis on plants with minimal cooking.

Memorizing the combinations was a sticking point for me, as they are not completely intuitive. Second, there was a recommendation of a green concoction to drink every morning, which did not sound too appetizing. Third, there was a recommendation for enemas. Not what I was interested in.

--

What about just eating mainly plants and avoiding processed foods, red meat and hormone tainted meats and farmed fish?

---

I'm trying to settle into an eating pattern which I can maintain and which allows me to live the athletic lifestyle I want and crave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 10:49 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
Well, I am pretty much doing the latter..........and montery aquarium has a nice site on fish selection for both food quality and for sustainability.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:04 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Dude, dont take this the wrong way, but you seem to have absolutely no clue of what you want/need/should do about health and/or fitness. One post you say you want to cut and lose fat, then another thread you start say you want to bulk/gain lean mass, now you talk about detox (not to mention your first diet/fitness related post about juice fasting).

Just in the past 3 weeks, you've started threads and have talked about:

Juice Fasting
Losing weight
Gaining weight/muscle mass
Raw food detox
Getting muscle for sports

While I applaud your efforts to educate yourself on these things, I think that you should first decide what you want to do, then concentrate on doing that one thing before moving on to another. My suggestion is for you to nix any and all thought about fasting and detox and instead concentrate on HEALTHY NUTRITION.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:13 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
I am pro fasting and raw food detox. I think eating that way is a little extreme if you do not even eat close to it. Just count the calories of what you eat in whatever diet so you know what calorie load you are coming from. Make sure you are getting enough for your weight. You have to watch that with this diet. You get SO FULL on it just because of all the fiber and water content. But it can also trigger people to overeat when the detox from bad foods.

I suggest to try that green drink in the morning and incorporate some raw recipes to try into your diet. You should make a slow transition anyway for digestive comfort.You should eat healthy basic nutrition to restore your body first. Then you should try to be vegan for a month before detoxing for optimal comfort.

But really just try the recipes before you commit. You may not be into that way of eating. BUT you may like some of the recipes you find. On that green smoothie thing...look up different recipes too. The ones with reviews where kids like it..you will probably like it. There are tons of ways to make a green smoothie that tastes decent.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:32 AM

Never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Dude, dont take this the wrong way, but you seem to have absolutely no clue of what you want/need/should do about health and/or fitness. One post you say you want to cut and lose fat, then another thread you start say you want to bulk/gain lean mass, now you talk about detox (not to mention your first diet/fitness related post about juice fasting).

Juice Fasting
Losing weight
Raw food detox

While I applaud your efforts to educate yourself on these things, I think that you should first decide what you want to do, then concentrate on doing that one thing before moving on to another. My suggestion is for you to nix any and all thought about fasting and detox and instead concentrate on HEALTHY NUTRITION.

Last edited by evesadam; 06-03-2010 at 11:53 AM..

Old 06-03-2010, 07:29 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,041,763 times
I agree pitt_transplant. Not into the enema thing, but raw foods will get you a million and one benefits.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:40 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
The whole raw food thing is very stupid in my opinion, and add the juicing element to it ups the stupidity.

Never bother with these nonsense diets. They are geared for suckers.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:44 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

Juice Fasting
Losing weight
Raw food detox

I agree Lao. Eves has the right mindset, he just needs to decide which path he wants to take here.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:18 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Yeah you do have to pick a direction. It is good that you are looking into all the healthier "diets." Just don't resort to the "depravation" style. Substitution is the best way to go.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:34 PM

I've been eating much healthier. The thing is, your body will reject anything nasty once you start eating the right foods.

For example, I had pizza a few days ago, and the fat was literally oozing it's way out of my skin. Very nasty.

I've stated this before as well: if you eat the wrong foods, the toxins will excrete from your skin, especially when you sweat. This is NOT pleasant for others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss