Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:46 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmomof2 View Post
Is that from one brushing session?! Forget mohair, you could make a dog-hair sweater!

When hair drifts occasionally drifts into our cups or onto our plates, we call it condiments or extra fiber
That's two brushing sessions. Jack doesn't like the Furminator. If I used that on him, my fur pile would be huge! I'm boxing it up to send to Matter of Trust to be used for oil booms. How soft and warm would a Sibe sweater be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 09:49 PM

418 posts, read 1,382,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post
That's two brushing sessions. Jack doesn't like the Furminator. If I used that on him, my fur pile would be huge! I'm boxing it up to send to Matter of Trust to be used for oil booms. How soft and warm would a Sibe sweater be?
Two brushing sessions? OMG! I like my "wash and go" boxer. lol

Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerlady View Post
Two brushing sessions? OMG! I like my "wash and go" boxer. lol
Most of the year, it's not so bad. But, in the spring and fall? My vacuum gets quite a workout. This year, it seems like the spring shed started later and is lasting much longer than usual. I guess that's probably because of the cool weather we're having.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:17 PM

418 posts, read 1,382,100 times
Quote:
Most of the year, it's not so bad. But, in the spring and fall? My vacuum gets quite a workout. This year, it seems like the spring shed started later and is lasting much longer than usual. I guess that's probably because of the cool weather we're having.
At one time when I was with my ex we had five dogs. (We had a boxer, lab, rottie, dashaund and a mutt) We had two vaccums because if we used one constantly it would break!!

Old 06-11-2010, 04:37 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
still waiting for bailey to blow her winter coat...... we're halfway through june and hasn't happened yet.... she has ENTIRELY too much fur right now......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykat View Post
LOL TDNA that looks like my house! My GSD mix sheds like a demon all the time but right now it's like she's moulting I've been brushing it out and picking off the tufts . (sick I love doing this).
Yeah it's annoying that Mollys fur is everywhere but that's just part of living with her.
For the honor of living with the Moll I will gladly put up with the fur.
I hope this poor dog finds a good forever home who will appreciate the gift of fur.

me too......

and me too......

Old 06-11-2010, 06:54 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
me too I love my wash and go chihuahuas LOL !!! it takes me ten mins start to finish .

Old 06-11-2010, 09:10 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,890,353 times
My German Shepherd only sheds once a year....for 365 days!

Old 06-11-2010, 09:36 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,048,239 times
i saw this one today...poor little fellow hasnt done anything, but shes "nervous" about what he MIGHT do even though he LIKES KIDS?!!?

"I am looking to re-home my 1 & 1/2 yr old neutered male dog. He is a small inside dog. Very Happly go-lucky little guy. He can be timid, especially around men. HE LOVES KIDS. He will bond with someone in the family and that is were he will be. (in the room you are). I do believe he is kennel trained, though I dont use one. He likes to sleep on the couch by himself. No potty problems in the house. I think he will do better in a home without other dogs, though I have 2 and he is ok with them. Good with cats. I have a young grandson and I think its too much stress on him, even though he like kids. I am just nervous in the future there could be an incident..."

Old 06-11-2010, 09:48 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
still waiting for bailey to blow her winter coat...... we're halfway through june and hasn't happened yet.... she has ENTIRELY too much fur right now......
I wish mine would stop. Every time I touch him the fur flies. He looks really muscular right now and I can actually trace the outline of his big superficial veins through his coat right now. He's got to be close to being done.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerlady View Post
Its because he was free.
As a frequent craigslist user, they are supposed ask a rehoming fee, if not the ads usually get flagged.
actually the post was deleted by the author. they probably didn't like the e-mails they were getting. or they found someone to take the dog, but the former is more likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs