Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 04:59 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,420,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambarstone View Post
Faworki1947,
I don't know anything about puppies being born but I want to thank you for what you've done/are doing. If you could post a picture of the puppies at some point when it is possible, I'd love to see them. What are you going to do? Try to adopt them out?
Bless you,
I didn't say it!!! It wasn't me!!! Did ya'll notice? I didn't open the picture can of worms!!!!

But now that it's open.................

If you need help placing them in homes, start contacting rescues in your area now. Things are pretty rough, but if you'll offer to foster them in your home they may do a listing for them and be able to have them in homes by the time they turn 8 weeks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 06:12 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,945,240 times
setting up my camera now ladies .. .. its a web camera so pictures have to be on her terms .. like when she comes out of the closet .. I took your advise Mrs.. I put the porta kennel in the closet so she was alone and right now she is curled around the babies doing the mommie thing .. I offered her water she didnt want that so gave her warmed milk with an egg in it right after the pups were over with .. that she ate ..

ok she stopped at 6 and so far so good .. she is suddenly a slim trim beautiful little dog .. .. what a face! very expressive and what a good momma..

these are very large pups for such a small dog .. she has a docked tail and looks like a toy fox terrier or as they are called around here a rat terrier.. white body with a black head and tan points.. the pups are 4 white /w/ black heads= males and two dark black or brindle with white toes.. = girls..

I am taking them all into the vet tommorow and hopeful thye will know who her people are.. if not then I will foster them till pups are weaned ..

She has manners and is very easy going .. I was touching her thru out the labor and she was fine with that .. I talked low and soft and she seemed to enjoy the efforts to be with her thru this .. when she showed up Friday sjhe came right up to me on the porch so she is a people dog ..
the vet will check for a "chip" so am hopefull her family will be found .. if not .. well we will see how it goes with my big dog..

Old 06-13-2010, 06:42 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,403,111 times
Sounds like you did great! Make sure and keep them dry and warm. Puppies at this age do not have the ability to shiver...they need mom or outside help. Make sure each is feeding... watch each one suckle for a bit, just to make sure they are getting nourishment. A newborn can fade quickly. A vet can check tomorrow for cleft palates etc...

Old 06-13-2010, 07:06 PM

68 posts, read 273,445 times
Awww good luck and bless you for taking her in and helping her out at a time of great need!

Old 06-13-2010, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 945 times
Default call tim @ (704)8983184

[q call me im at my moms she gos threw tis all the time last one died on her the mail dog was to big(704)8983184

Old 06-13-2010, 10:36 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,945,240 times
babies seem to be doing pretty good right now .. everyone is eating and making new puppy noises so guess things are ok for tonight.. She is snuggled up with them and seems ok I put fresh water and food in the kennel for her .. guess the vet will be happy to see this cuteness in the morning .. ( LOL ) I do hope I can find her family .. she is certianly a loved pet .. she has good manners, likes people ( women anyways) and isnt snappish about food or such .. She was hungry and is thin any body got ideas on how to fatten her up while she is nursing?

Old 06-14-2010, 01:15 AM

577 posts, read 1,758,552 times
Sounds like you did everything right. The vet should be about to give you some good ideas about nutrition tomorrow. Can't wait to see the pics, they sound so cute.. mamma too

Old 06-14-2010, 01:58 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
thank you for taking her in! great job.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:12 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,403,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
babies seem to be doing pretty good right now .. everyone is eating and making new puppy noises so guess things are ok for tonight.. She is snuggled up with them and seems ok I put fresh water and food in the kennel for her .. guess the vet will be happy to see this cuteness in the morning .. ( LOL ) I do hope I can find her family .. she is certianly a loved pet .. she has good manners, likes people ( women anyways) and isnt snappish about food or such .. She was hungry and is thin any body got ideas on how to fatten her up while she is nursing?
Hate to say it, but she will probably look worse, before she looks better. All very common. Those nursing puppies drain all the vitamins and nutrients from her. Keep her on a high quality puppy food and give he as much as she'll eat. She needs to replenish. At some point she may or may not lose her coat...but whatever, it will not be in the best shape.
Nutra-Cal is a great high protein salve that can be given. Chock full of vitamins and the dogs usually love it. Can be found in PetCo or PetSmart.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:55 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Bless you for helping this family!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs