Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,069,126 times

Advertisements

Oh you know what I would hook up a video camera to my house and point it in the direction of their house , or get you one of those fake ones that look real and scare the snot out of them . If they know you are video taping they might leave you and your dogs alone . But you know I would also call the cops and tell them what you suspect and get a written police report on it . Im glad your dogs are okay and hope they continue to improve . Keep them in the house from now on . I would not trust these people to try to do this again . Also to the other poster who mentioned someone throwing hot dogs over the fence it was philadelphia and someone was also throwing bags of dog food soaked in anti freeze too . Some sick people out there and sadly you cant trust very many people anymore .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 10:17 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,926,478 times
Rat poison is hemotoxic and seldom causes vomiting. What it does cause is internal bleeding, often expressed by rectal and nasal bleeding and/or bleeding in the lungs accompanied by a wet cough. One key sign to look for is their stool color. Just as you can tell if rats have been eating the poison you set out for them by the aqua blue-green color of their droppings, the same goes for a dog.

I've been down that road before, and early treatment is vital.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:16 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,266,844 times
You mentioned the other neighbor with the boxer, can you get that neighbor to help you watch out for this nut job next door from you ?
Chances are if there are going to plant anything (Poison) they'll do it at night in the dark, so they can't be seen.

How long have you lived next door to the animal hater ?
there is no way to make a truce ? Sometimes you can't. I was just hoping all of you started out on the wrong foot.

Why do people have to be so evil.
If a person dosent like animals...I just don't trust them. I know they have that right, but I wouldn't be able to associate with them.
It's one thing if a person dosen't have any animals...it's another if they just say they don't like animals.

I would keep an eye open at all times.
Hope your babies get back to normal & start playing again.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:05 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,523,852 times
Glad they are getting better just thought about something else. Look around for mushrooms they may got into that could make them sick.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:41 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,371,505 times
Boxerlady you noted that your property has wooded areas. What I would do is take a complete walk-though and survey of your property and anywhere the dogs can get to.
Take one of your dogs with you and see if they area seeking out any hidden areas and what is there. This way you can reassure yourself that the yard is safe.
I'm so glad your dogs are getting better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs