Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 06:46 PM

418 posts, read 1,381,678 times

Advertisements

My dogs have still been vomiting/diarrea since yesterday. I hate this because I feel so powerless without an income to help them. If I had money they would have been to the vet by now.
But I am wondering if the evil neighbors poisoned them.
I was sitting at the computer earlier and the neighbor always watches for the mail truck to come and walks down to check the mail, she got her mail and went home. So about 3 hours later I let the dogs out and she walks down and checks the mail again and stares at my dogs and then gives me a dirty look!! She knows full well the mail already came, she just doesn't know I saw her check it right after the truck came!!
Has anyones pups ever been poisoned before? For here on they are going out on their leashes. Its such a shame since we have an acre of land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 06:59 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,945,240 times
take them in anyways and call the cops! if they were posioned you have to get them help NOW
I know I know the vet wants money butif the dogs are posioned he will help first and ask for payment after .. then you make arrangements and if they are posioned you have proof and the police are involved .. ..

Old 06-14-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
take them in anyways and call the cops! if they were posioned you have to get them help NOW
I know I know the vet wants money butif the dogs are posioned he will help first and ask for payment after .. then you make arrangements and if they are posioned you have proof and the police are involved .. ..
I am going to call vet and then the cops. I have no "proof" unfortunely. But there is no one else it could be!!! Our other neighbors own a boxer!!!!

Old 06-14-2010, 07:02 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,283,744 times
They can test the vomit for common poisons. Also, how would they poison your dogs? Do you leave them unattended around these people? If I were you, I'd walk around my yard, without the dogs, to see if I can find some food pieces. There was someone (I cannot remember the city) throwing hot dogs tainted with rat poison over the fence to dogs that were left in yards, unattended. Several of those dogs died. I'd take them in, not worth the worry.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
They can test the vomit for common poisons. Also, how would they poison your dogs? Do you leave them unattended around these people? If I were you, I'd walk around my yard, without the dogs, to see if I can find some food pieces. There was someone (I cannot remember the city) throwing hot dogs tainted with rat poison over the fence to dogs that were left in yards, unattended. Several of those dogs died. I'd take them in, not worth the worry.
They are never unattended--in fact the most they spend in the yard a day is maybe 15 minutues. I don't watch them every last second but I do keep an eye on them. We live in a very wooded area so someone could have hidden something easily.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:54 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Any updates on this??

Old 06-15-2010, 07:24 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,217 times
I would definitley check your entire yard for anything that shouldn't be there. Don't forget to look for puddles too, could be pesticides or antifreeze. Hope all is well with them.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:39 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,523,852 times
Hopefully not poisoned, but a person could easily with chicken or hot dog pieces socked in anti freeze or the rat poison and dog would eat right up.
We had weasels and such grabbing chickens and anti freeze takes em out fast but they are small.

Could they have got into some toxic plants in woods or maybe ate some acorns or something that could cause this?

Old 06-16-2010, 05:44 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Are your dogs OK????

Old 06-16-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Are your dogs OK????
Yes--sorry I have not been able to come back and update--I started my new job yesterday, so its been pretty crazy, I went to work on no sleep since we spent the nite/early morning at the vet. Monday nite my lab was having a very hard time breathing, along with vomiting, diarrea and listlessness. She was much worse than my boxer so we rushed her to the emgerncy vet. They wanted to do $1500 in tests and refused payments!!! Once we got there she breathing had improved. I called my parents and they came down to see her. We talked with the vet about what to do. The vet said since she had been there she had improved slightly and suggested fluids and we take her home and watch her overnite. We did and she has improved. My boxer never progressed to as bad as she did---so we think whatever she got into he didnt eat as much as she was much sicker. She still isnt 100% but is eating, wagging her taill, able to get up and play and no vomitting. Still a little diarrea but it is not as bad as it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs