Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 06:30 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times

Advertisements

I know many people feed NB, so I figured I'd post. Their sweet potato and chicken dry food is recalled due to salmonella contamination. For more info, go here:

The Dog Food Project - How does your Dog Food Brand compare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 07:29 PM

205 posts, read 726,398 times
I'm glad it was a voluntary recall. Hopefully "Voluntary" meaning they found the contamination due to their own internal testing and not due to a bunch of sick dogs.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:31 PM

490 posts, read 1,788,462 times
Thanks for posting MAK! I was feeding Natural Balance Chicken and Sweet Potato Limited Ingredients. This makes me realize how important is to keep the dog food bag. I just dumped the food in the container and threw the bag and receipt away so no clue if my left over (well over 10 pounds) is affected or not and w/o receipt I can't get any refund either. Those who feed kibble should take note of this and start keeping their wraps and receipts longer, no one knows when they can come handy!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambarstone View Post
Thanks for posting MAK! I was feeding Natural Balance Chicken and Sweet Potato Limited Ingredients. This makes me realize how important is to keep the dog food bag. I just dumped the food in the container and threw the bag and receipt away so no clue if my left over (well over 10 pounds) is affected or not and w/o receipt I can't get any refund either. Those who feed kibble should take note of this and start keeping their wraps and receipts longer, no one knows when they can come handy!
Or at least cut the lot number out! Try asking your store if they'll take it back. Most people dump food into sealed containers, so they should be used to it and will most likely give you another bag!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:20 PM

205 posts, read 726,398 times
They did give a specific size ag that was affected - 15 lb bag I think.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:20 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
I was feeding this but stopped cause the dogs had stopped eating it and now im kind of glad i did and then we changed to innova and now find out that innova has been bought out by purina and i think their food is garbage and wont buy any of it . Now I have them on Taste of the wild roasted fowl formula and they seem to really like it . and I also mix it with a little baby food cause they love the taste of baby food . Oh well Im not surprised at any of these dog food companys having contamination .

Old 06-19-2010, 10:27 AM

Natura Pet Foods (Innova, Evo) has been bought out by Procter and Gamble, makers of Iams and I believe Purina. According to sources, the recipe will remain the same, no plans to change it. My only issue with Evo, etc. is not the ingredients (they are really good), but rather that they are owned by P&G, a corporation notorious for abusing animals.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:46 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,540,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Natura Pet Foods (Innova, Evo) has been bought out by Procter and Gamble, makers of Iams and I believe Purina. According to sources, the recipe will remain the same, no plans to change it. My only issue with Evo, etc. is not the ingredients (they are really good), but rather that they are owned by P&G, a corporation notorious for abusing animals.

That was a huge concern for me too since this is the new food mine are on. I called a few stores in the area and they all said the same thing.....they are keeping their eye on the whole situation, but as long as the food ingredients remain the same and it is continued to be made in the same location as before they will keep carrying it. They don't think a lot of things will change, just the ownership because the original owners wanted to get out of the business and retire basically.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:07 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
P&G owns Iams & Eukanuba (and now Natura), but not Purina. Purina is a division of Nestle. Natural Balance is a standalone company and not associated with any of these other companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs