U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 11:01 PM

3,592 posts, read 10,653,505 times

Advertisements

While looking through the Best Friends website a few weeks ago, we came across a little girl who's picture & description "spoke to me". The last time that happened was almost 2 years ago when we adopted our Sammie (our little Chessie girl that died this last Janaury) Morrha is a year old hound mix that was caught feral and was taken to BF's Sanctuary for rehab. Everything I see and hear about her character, intelligence and energy level tells me she will fit right in with our pups. To make sure of that, we were going to go to Utah to meet her with our two dog over the 4th holiday. Now DH has found out that he can't get away from work for the time needed for the trip until at least August.

Look at this little face (and you gotta love those ears!).....I'm going to be going crazy until we can get there.
Attached Thumbnails
New member of the pack...but we have to wait :(-1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 11:06 PM

621 posts, read 1,445,264 times
Awww! She's so cute!! Is there any other way you can make time to go? Is she in a safe place until then? Best of luck.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaMaria View Post
Awww! She's so cute!! Is there any other way you can make time to go? Is she in a safe place until then? Best of luck.
She is in the safest place in the Country!. Best Friend Animal Society has the largest non-kill shelter/sanctuary in the country. They are wonderful! I thought about taking the trip myself and if it was just my 2 dogs I would do it. But 3 dogs, my suitcase and their doggie accessories on a 2 day road trip would be too much for me by myself.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:28 PM

3,852 posts, read 8,262,199 times
Can I help? I'm probably going up to Utah (which includes driving RIGHT past Best Friends) in 2 or 3 weeks.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:38 AM

9,352 posts, read 16,787,412 times
what a beautiful face on that girl.... paws crossed that all goes your (and her) way va-cat.....

Old 06-19-2010, 08:41 AM

16,651 posts, read 26,650,905 times
She's a beauty!!!! I love her!!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Can I help? I'm probably going up to Utah (which includes driving RIGHT past Best Friends) in 2 or 3 weeks.
REALLY?! What dates? I'm outside Houston and was looking at heading up the week after the 4th. Trip there would not be a problem since its just with my current pack. I have them trained to wait till their leashes are hooked up to move from the van. Its the trip back that has me worried. Because Morrha was feral, she still tends to bolt if scared. I have a horrible vision of her bolting from the van before I can get the leash on her! I also want to take our pups up to meet her rather than having her brought down here for the intro to make sure everyone gets along. My pups get along with some dogs and not at all with others. I don't want to stress this little girl with a trip to Houston only to have to send her back if she and Mariah have problems with each other.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:50 PM

4,707 posts, read 10,139,293 times
Beautiful dog. I hope you can figure something out so you do not have to wait until Aug. Don't you just hate it when work gets in the way of life?

Do you have any friends that might enjoy a road trip to Best Friends? When I took the 5 deaf aussie pups to Phoenix I had a friend come along we made it a fun road trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs