U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,663 times

Advertisements

Long story short, my lanlord defaulted on his bank loan and myself, and ten other tenents got bounced out. I need someone to foster my 15 pound boston terrier for about two month,s untill I can get a App. that will let me have her there. Please, if anyone knows anything about this, please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 10:03 AM

1,457 posts, read 3,104,541 times
I believe our local shelter had some kind of program to help people out it your situation. Check with your local shelter.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:20 AM

3,583 posts, read 9,584,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas hilliard View Post
Long story short, my lanlord defaulted on his bank loan and myself, and ten other tenents got bounced out. I need someone to foster my 15 pound boston terrier for about two month,s untill I can get a App. that will let me have her there. Please, if anyone knows anything about this, please let me know.
Suggest that you contact Boston Terrier Rescue Boston Terrier Rescue . They may be able to steer you to someone in your area that can help

Old 06-24-2010, 10:25 AM

29,988 posts, read 33,560,702 times
Don't forget to check with your veterinarian. The vet techs are also usually a wealth of information. A number of vet techs will pet sit or foster on the side.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:29 AM

76 posts, read 167,460 times
My brother has run into the same situation as you. He and his boxer are out of a home. Hes staying with us but his boxer is aggressive towards our dogs and destructive when left alone, so she cant stay with us. As of right now shes being boarded at a doggy hotel, but its way too expensive considering hes out of a job right now, so after this week if he doesn't find somewhere to take her shell have to go to a rescue group to be adopted out.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:34 AM

29,988 posts, read 33,560,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssixbery View Post
My brother has run into the same situation as you. He and his boxer are out of a home. Hes staying with us but his boxer is aggressive towards our dogs and destructive when left alone, so she cant stay with us. As of right now shes being boarded at a doggy hotel, but its way too expensive considering hes out of a job right now, so after this week if he doesn't find somewhere to take her shell have to go to a rescue group to be adopted out.
Some crate training and obedience/behavior training would be helpful. The money spent on a doggy hotel will more than cover a crate and obedience classes, IMO.

Aggressive/destructive dogs are more difficult to adopt out. Perhaps you can work with your brother and find ways to help your dogs co-exist peacefully?

Old 06-25-2010, 06:25 PM

1,587 posts, read 6,139,768 times
You have family or friend who could help foster short term? I like other suggestions as vet or rescue that could hook you up with temp fostering. May be a small fee but know dog be well taken care of until make new arrangements. Some animal shelters do use foster homes for over flow but if would stop another dog from a shelter life/death may allow use of them to. I know I am fostering one I sold year ago while man is redoing house and made new garage and patio/kennel so dog can be outside instead of locked in kennel crate during day when at work.
If bought from a breeder see if they do temp foster for you also. I have had this one since February and only going to charge food cost and unsure how to break that out so maybe 1 bag a month unless he decides more.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:08 PM
ZSP

1,537 posts, read 3,688,238 times
Where are you located? You can PM me if you'd rather not post it here. I may be able to help.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:49 AM

6,947 posts, read 17,471,770 times
Local rescue groups have a network of volunteer foster homes who do this free for dogs needing adoption. I bet some would do this for a small fee since they are used to fostering and many would do it so the fees would go back to the rescue group....or if they need the funds themselves. Try this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs