Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:53 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,644,400 times

Advertisements

could you find a home for the middle Boston Terrier where the dog would be happy. Maybe with
an older person who has had a Boston Terrier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 01:55 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,617,183 times
Rehoming either of the Bostons would probably be easy. I just love Leo (the middle one) so much and he is such a good dog. He is so attached to me. Last year when my boxer was attacking him a lot I asked my son to babysit for him while we went on vacation to see if Leo might be a good fit for his household and Leo ran away. He has never tried to escape from our house; he's off leash all the time outside and stays by my side. Anyway he was missing for 20 days before he was finally found. He'd been on the run the whole time and finally exhausted and dehydrated he jumped into a lady's car while she was washing it. We had canvassed neighborhoods, hung signs, posted on every dog website, spent over $800 looking for him. I cried alot while he was missing. So he's a hard one to give up......he is, however the most logical one...

Old 06-28-2010, 09:16 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,422,327 times
Squirl, don't give up on the pack yet. Please take the advice of really experienced and knowledgable people on here and have a trainer come out to observe and educate you, so you can train and keep them all.

I have three dogs right now. A 13 year old Corgi mix and two 6 month old Papillons. Boy, are these pups a handful! They are cute as all get out, but regardless of how much exercise and entertainment they get, I have NEVER been able to exhaust them!! LOL

I just got back from 6 months in Florida and as I left, I picked up the 5 month old kitty the vet who befriended me there had kept for me. The Paps are chasing this cat from the time they all wake up, til the time they all go to bed!!! If they aren't chasing him, then the kitty is chasing them. OMG. The cacophony all day long is exhausting, but I wouldn't change a thing. It will all work out. They all love each other. Even my 6 year old cat is now quickly accepting the kitty. That's pretty amazing.

They do exhaust me on some days and I imagine having the kitten in the mix will add to it in the near term, but the payoff from having loving, hilarious furbabies in your life everyday is just..... SO worth it!!!

Please try the trainer and maybe you could get someone to give you a respite for an afternoon so you can get some time off from the house? That might help your mindset as well. Hang in there!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs