U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 01:58 AM

13,294 posts, read 25,470,882 times

Advertisements

What a neat looking dog and how good that you found each other.
I'd ask my vet about what her intake should be. Sometimes antibiotics or other medications lower the appetite, and certainly stress from her great new life! could dampen her eating.
I adopted a very shy dog once who had been feral. She was never a big eater, and often would skip dinner time (until I stopped hand feeding her before bedtime). But she never was a food hog, and if anything stressful happened, she'd just skip eating (like a thunderstorm or something).
Your dog will be fine. She's still gaining her health and adjusting. Bless you for finding her. She will repay you many times over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 10:49 AM

128 posts, read 421,169 times
Just wanted to say that Delilah is doing REALLY well! Yesterday was a month since I brought her home. I don't know exactly what she weighs, but she looks "normal" and eats regularly. Those Satin Balls were a blessing! Thank you so much!

She's been bathed and de-flead and the green nasal discharge has stopped. She's even started to play and she's stopped cowering when you go to pet her. That really hurt my heart when she did that.

She even ate one of my flip-flops the other day. I have never been so happy to have sog chew something! It was just so "normal"!

Anyway, here's an updated pic. (It's before the big shapoo/conditioning drama of the other day, though...so she's looking ever BETTER now!)

Old 07-28-2010, 02:06 PM

417 posts, read 918,765 times
Aww she looks very happy and healthy! So happy to hear she's doing better

Old 07-28-2010, 02:43 PM

13,294 posts, read 25,470,882 times
She looks ecstatic! A pretty quick adjustment, and now on to many happy years for your both.
Isn't adoption wonderful? I love to look at my seniors, snoring, happy after their dinners, relaxed and safe.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:53 PM

476 posts, read 1,085,165 times
She's so cute! I just saw "Annie" and she reminds me of Sandy in the play. You're an angel for saving her. She looks very happy in that picture. I hope her health improves soon!

Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 PM

553 posts, read 1,367,229 times
Wow, she's just blossomed in your home! I wish more people could look at a sad, scruffy, underweight dog and realize how a loving home will transform the dog. You have a heart of gold!!!

Old 07-29-2010, 06:07 AM

39,241 posts, read 18,776,770 times
Heart warming stories! Thank you for sharing the pics of Delilah! She gives new meaning to the exprssion..."What a LUCKY DOG"

Old 07-29-2010, 06:21 AM

13,773 posts, read 33,834,780 times
You have to love that face. She and my Bernie would make a good pair. I look in that big ole face and my heart melts.

I am glad the Satin Balls worked for her

Old 07-29-2010, 06:43 AM

2,065 posts, read 4,166,235 times
I came across this post just now. Needless to say, I am all emotional.

I have people like you in the highest regard. I cannot say "God bless you" enough. These furry guys/gals own such a soft spot in my pet-loving heart, and to know there are people in the world that will care for them so dearly is the best thing in the world.

I sincerely hope you and Delilah (love the name!) have many, many years of happiness together.

And please keep buying flip-flops, they are fun to chew. Heck, Delilah is so cute I can send you a pair of flip-flops just for her to chew on!

Old 07-29-2010, 07:06 AM

417 posts, read 918,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
I came across this post just now. Needless to say, I am all emotional.

I have people like you in the highest regard. I cannot say "God bless you" enough. These furry guys/gals own such a soft spot in my pet-loving heart, and to know there are people in the world that will care for them so dearly is the best thing in the world.

I sincerely hope you and Delilah (love the name!) have many, many years of happiness together.

And please keep buying flip-flops, they are fun to chew. Heck, Delilah is so cute I can send you a pair of flip-flops just for her to chew on!
The Old Navy flip flops sale is a dog lovers best friend! I buy in bulk haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or