Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 07:15 PM

374 posts, read 754,630 times

Advertisements

Free American Eskimo (http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pet/1785699829.html - broken link)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 07:55 PM

418 posts, read 1,378,408 times
Because he sheds??? What did they think when they got a long haired dog????
That's like my boxers old owner getting rid of him because he was HYPER and jumped on the kids. He's a BOXER and was a baby boxer, at that.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:23 PM

374 posts, read 754,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerlady View Post
Because he sheds??? What did they think when they got a long haired dog????
That's like my boxers old owner getting rid of him because he was HYPER and jumped on the kids. He's a BOXER and was a baby boxer, at that.
I know..I couldn't believe it when I read it..10 years old too..I just don't
understand some people..

Old 06-10-2010, 08:50 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,422,592 times
They have a beautiful dog, who no doubt loves them unconditionally in spite of that fact they they are total losers. But he sheds, and that inconveniences them so this 10-year-old dog has to be discarded? I always tell my dogs that they should be happy they weren't born human. Humans suck.

With a GSD mix and 2 Siberians blowing their coats, we have lots of fur around here. I just picked some out of my coffee . I can only pray that these guys are around to need regular brushing and to shed all over my house and truck for many, many years to come.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post
They have a beautiful dog, who no doubt loves them unconditionally in spite of that fact they they are total losers. But he sheds, and that inconveniences them so this 10-year-old dog has to be discarded? I always tell my dogs that they should be happy they weren't born human. Humans suck.

With a GSD mix and 2 Siberians blowing their coats, we have lots of fur around here. I just picked some out of my coffee . I can only pray that these guys are around to need regular brushing and to shed all over my house and truck for many, many years to come.
OMG! Look at all that fur!!
What I don't understand is why after 10 years? Certainly he shedded all these years???
This is always, always why you research a breed before you buy! Internet and personal. I know I don't want deal with a lot of fur---thats why I like dogs with short prickley coats like my boxer. I know what you want and research the breds. Just because you think its "cute" doesnt mean its the right breed for you.
I know I want an american bulldog next. Every time I see one I talk to the owners and ask them questions that will be important to me owning one. If it turns out they wont be a good fit, I will pick another breed.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:57 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,356,643 times
LOL TDNA that looks like my house! My GSD mix sheds like a demon all the time but right now it's like she's moulting. I've been brushing it out and picking off the tufts (sick I love doing this).
Yeah it's annoying that Mollys fur is everywhere but that's just part of living with her.
For the honor of living with the Moll I will gladly put up with the fur.
I hope this poor dog finds a good forever home who will appreciate the gift of fur.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,366,883 times
The Craigslist add has been pulled.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The Craigslist add has been pulled.
Its because he was free.
As a frequent craigslist user, they are supposed ask a rehoming fee, if not the ads usually get flagged.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:20 PM

553 posts, read 1,625,785 times
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that karma will bite those jerks in the a$$ one day. Hopefully when they get old they'll be the ones in the nursing home whose kids never visit. Let them feel abandoned.

I hope the poor pup finds a good home.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:24 PM

553 posts, read 1,625,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post

Is that from one brushing session?! Forget mohair, you could make a dog-hair sweater!

When hair drifts occasionally drifts into our cups or onto our plates, we call it condiments or extra fiber
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs