Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 02:46 PM

3,728 posts, read 12,346,760 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for the kind words & encouragement. She is a pretty girl, isn't she?

I promise to take lots of pics while we are there and will share the best of them when we get back on July 24th or 25th.

Jerseykat, you are welcome to any of the nicknames I use. I even have a few that are "breed specific"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,766,727 times
Beautiful dog. Lab/Bloodhound mix? If so it will have one heck of a nose! Maybe that nose can be put to work.

Congrats on your new family member.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:43 PM

5,088 posts, read 12,534,012 times
I am so glad to hear that you will be making the trip to Best Friends. Morrha is quite beautiful. I love her big brown eyes and her ears!

I think you will enjoy Best Friends as it is so beautiful, the people are great and just the whole set up of the place is so nice . I loved the fact that while the dogs, cats and other animals are homeless and looking for homes that they are so well loved by the staff and all the wonderful volunteers that grace the place over the years. I always felt if I was a dog that had to spend my life without a real home so in a shelter type situation I would want to live at Best Friends.

Can't wait to hear all about the trip! Have a great time .

Old 07-09-2010, 04:50 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,061,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I think you will enjoy Best Friends as it is so beautiful, the people are great and just the whole set up of the place is so nice . I loved the fact that while the dogs, cats and other animals are homeless and looking for homes that they are so well loved by the staff and all the wonderful volunteers that grace the place over the years. I always felt if I was a dog that had to spend my life without a real home so in a shelter type situation I would want to live at Best Friends.
I just looked at the website and I agree, I would definitely want to live there if I was a dog. There's so many different areas: Dog Town, Piggy World, Bunny House, etc.; it's so awesome!
It doesn't even look like a shelter, I wish there were many more of these facilities around!

Old 07-09-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I just looked at the website and I agree, I would definitely want to live there if I was a dog. There's so many different areas: Dog Town, Piggy World, Bunny House, etc.; it's so awesome!
It doesn't even look like a shelter, I wish there were many more of these facilities around!
I love Best Friends! They are the largest non-kill animal organization in the US. They have so many off shoot projects that its just incredible. All for the benefit of the animals. I've worked with them occationally over the years but this will be my first visit to the Sanctuary. I can't wait!

Old 07-09-2010, 05:07 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,938,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I am so glad to hear that you will be making the trip to Best Friends. Morrha is quite beautiful. I love her big brown eyes and her ears!

Can't wait to hear all about the trip! Have a great time .
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
hahhahahaaa.... my lottery fantasy is to open a mini-version of best friends somewhere in one of the southern states, close to the coast......

Old 07-09-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
hahhahahaaa.... my lottery fantasy is to open a mini-version of best friends somewhere in one of the southern states, close to the coast......
My lottery fantasy is almost the same. Mine would be for seniors.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:30 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,256,002 times
LLTP: open it here in Tx...Ya know you want to come back...and Va-Cat and I will work right along with you!

Old 07-09-2010, 05:36 PM

553 posts, read 1,625,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
DH has just confirmed he can get away from work long enough for us to go to the Best Friends Sanctuary in Utah to meet & adopt our new little fuzz butt! Morrha is a hound mix that was a feral youngster running loose around Kanab Utah. From what I understand it took about 4 months for them to catch this wily little girl She has worked hard on her lessons that humans are not something she should fear and is ready to take the next step - a forever home with us Although she is still very shy and uncertain about this dog/human business, everything I hear about her makes me think she will be a very good match for us and our pack.

We've decided to make a holiday of it and drive out there with our resident fur-kids to meet & adopt her. We will be there 5 days and plan on lots of hikes with the fur-kids in the area before we drive back home.

Whoo Whoo! We leave a week from today

Gotta show her off a bit. Here's a picture of our girl at Dog Town.
She looks very wise and serious. I hope she and your pack hit it off and she can overcome her shyness and enjoy the better things in life. It's so nice that you're traveling with the whole fam to meet her! Good luck, and enjoy Utah (it's beautiful and full of great hikes)!

Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,938,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
LLTP: open it here in Tx...Ya know you want to come back...and Va-Cat and I will work right along with you!

yep.... that's my goal .... right now, i'm thinking victoria area .... houston's too danged big for me anymore..... victoria is close enough to the coast to be close, but far enough inland that insurance is still a possibility .... and close enough to houston to be an easy drive if i DO want to come up there....

yes, i have given this MUCH thought over the last couple years.... danged recession has got me stuck here for the foreseeable future though......

cooommmmeee on lottery tix.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs