Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 05:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
We got Dexter from the pound with no history. He is exceptionally well behaved with the cats and other dogs, walks well on a leash and sits on command. We're still working on here and stay but he is attentive and smart.
Only problem is I don't know how to describe him, other than a terrier mix. He loves water and dives right into any water he sees, he is also a 'follow-your-nose' dog and moving things really get his attention (squirrels watch out!). He is about a year old and 16" tall and about 20lbs. He looks bigger in the photos than he really is.

Any suggestions as to what kind of breed(s) he might be?

Thanks

- Tim
I would say a cutie mixture..Actually he could be almost any type of Terrier mix, wire haired, maybe some spanial of some sort, who knows, but he is cute and I bet he loves you as much as you love him.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 06:29 PM

448 posts, read 851,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Definitely Shnauzer and maybe black Lab? He's lovely, thanks for posting the pics and saving a life!
I saw a little lab in their too.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:37 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Thanks for all the kind words, I think I'll call him a "Terrier Poodle Schnauzer 57"

Here's the rub, our last dog, and my first dog, was a beautiful 14 year old Cairn Terrier called Matisse who passed away from heart failure back in April; I didn't think I would ever want another dog. My wife (who bought Mat for me) was even more skeptical about another dog.

I was in Petsmart on a Saturday morning getting food for the cats (with 4 of them it is a weekly visit). Williamson County Humane Society had some dogs looking for homes outside, as they do every weekend. I looked at this quiet little dog sitting on his own in the cage, he looked at me and his tail started turning like the propeller on a plane; all the while he was holding eye contact and licking his lips like the excited puppy that he is.

That was it, we signed up there and then not knowing anything about him, apart from he seemed relaxed and quiet, walked well on a leash and was good around the kids (4 and 7).

He is so different to Mat it is untrue. He doesn't chase the cats, sits in the car without making a peep (Mat used to bark, whimper, and jump all over the place), is a great swimmer, and is totally fine with his place in the ‘pack’ pecking order of the household.

- Tim
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
I have attached a picture of Mat....
I LOVE this story

Some dogs you KNOW right off the bat they need to be yours. When I got my little guy, it was his picture online that told me I needed him. First thing the next morning, I set out on my second trip to the shelter (I had gone there the day before by they were closed), a 1 hour trip, and was sad to learn he was off-site that day. I drove the 10 miles to the Petsmart only to see he was being adopted by another family. I was devastated! Long story short, after that adoption fell through, and after 3 days of agonizing wait, I finally got to bring my Beesley home. It's been almost a year

Old 08-01-2010, 06:58 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
You can call him a Terschernoodle or a Ternoodleshnauz

He is a cutie. You won't be sorry he picked you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs