Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2010, 03:41 PM

13 posts, read 168,389 times

Advertisements

Hi there! i gave my 7 weeks labrador pupy this deworm, and now she is not eating at all, and drinking very little water... she has pudding stool, yello/green color... it's a 5 days treatment, one in the morning one in the evening... just wondering if its normal?? if your are planning on telling me to take to the vet, dont bother answearing ok? she is playing and running around, just wont eat...
in the box said for puppies 6 weeks and older.. she is 7 weeks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 03:45 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
yellow green pudding does NOT sound normal .... and 7 weeks is very young to be dosing with poison not under a vet's supervision.....

sorry.... but imo a vet visit is in order ....... why would you risk the health of this baby by doing otherwise??

Old 07-30-2010, 04:56 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
What kind of worms are you treating for? Do you even know?

Old 07-30-2010, 05:20 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
No it is not normal. I would be concerned especially since reading online I only found it at one place and it was discontinued. Other similar products said you give reduced amt for a younger dog.

Last edited by Keeper; 07-30-2010 at 05:33 PM..

Old 07-30-2010, 05:26 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,978,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinha View Post
Hi there! i gave my 7 weeks labrador pupy this deworm, and now she is not eating at all, and drinking very little water... she has pudding stool, yello/green color... it's a 5 days treatment, one in the morning one in the evening... just wondering if its normal?? if your are planning on telling me to take to the vet, dont bother answearing ok? she is playing and running around, just wont eat...
A puppy this young who is not eating and having the type of diarrhea you describe needs to see the vet. Sorry. If she continues to not eat and have diarrhea, she will suffer from dehydration and hypoglycemia, and soon.

If money is an issue, you may try calling your local humane society and see if they have any funding available to help you.

Dewormer should not cause these symptoms, though I can't say for sure since I don't know what's in the Sargeant's dewormer (not a company I trust, based on experience by the way).

Old 07-30-2010, 05:36 PM

49 posts, read 124,883 times
There is not excuse (even money) not to take this pup to a vet. Most vets today recognize that mone can be an issue for many people and when you ask for help you may be surprised that you will get it. I got hit with an unexpected $450 bill and no room on a credit card for a payment so I spoke to the doctor and explained my situation and he gave me a monthly payment plan. I made my payments faithfully and even tried to give extra when I had it. When the payments were done I wrote a sincere thank you note to the doctor. My pup is now 2 and the love of my life. I live alone and don't know what I would do without my two dogs. Don't wait!!! Go ASAP.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:41 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,978,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECEDTEACH422 View Post
There is not excuse (even money) not to take this pup to a vet. Most vets today recognize that mone can be an issue for many people and when you ask for help you may be surprised that you will get it. I got hit with an unexpected $450 bill and no room on a credit card for a payment so I spoke to the doctor and explained my situation and he gave me a monthly payment plan. I made my payments faithfully and even tried to give extra when I had it. When the payments were done I wrote a sincere thank you note to the doctor. My pup is now 2 and the love of my life. I live alone and don't know what I would do without my two dogs. Don't wait!!! Go ASAP.
Bless you. I wish more pet owners were just like you.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:50 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinha View Post
I do not know how old you are, but when you get on a board like this asking for help, you need to be mature enough to take it. No one who is not a vet should be diagnosing, especially on a 7 week old puppy. Your dog can die from your lack of knowledge. Get your puppy to a vet or find another home for her. Pets are just like children and need the same care. Do it.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:20 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,656 times
You have a baby who is potentially quite ill and you don't want to take her to a vet, or even have anyone recommend that you do so? I don't get it. She needs to be seen by a vet. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs