U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:40 PM

4,551 posts, read 10,214,460 times

Advertisements

I am finding my SIL so annoying about everything and yet again I have an issue. She is now breeding her pug which I know is her right yet she has five dogs and ten cats of her own. She also runs an under the table doggy daycare yet she can't afford to put up a fenced yard which allowed two dogs to escape resulting in the death of one. This fires me up that she is breeding dogs yet again....I do have lots of issues with this womam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 06:48 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,187,635 times
This is why we need to require permits for breeding and ticket illegal breeding harshly. Too many pets are being killed everyday in shelters

Old 07-30-2010, 06:52 PM

7,492 posts, read 6,481,772 times
Deep breaths. Visualize your happy place. Remember that she, too, is on a path to Enlightenment.

I cannot stand my inlaws. I tried the first twenty years, but finally just told my DH that he's on his own with that bunch. Life's better, now.

You don't have to embrace them -- just let them be.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:59 PM

848 posts, read 1,681,280 times
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about her irresponsible breeding practices.

However, you could use your imagination and do something about her "under the table" doggie daycare....

Old 07-30-2010, 08:43 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,187,635 times
lol, offer to puppy sit one day then take them all to low cost spay and neuter clinics.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:59 PM

13,834 posts, read 14,667,748 times
most counties have a max number of animals allowed in a residence. perhaps you should call to find out the number. ten cats sound over the line. maybe someone will turn them in.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:15 AM

1,587 posts, read 6,697,138 times
What she taking care of someone else's pug and just going to let it happen?
Doggy day care with new tax law on way she will get busted if not turned in b4 hand.

Maybe she thinks make money breeding or going to do a mutt (designer breed)
If she cannot afford what has now how is she going to afford prenatal vet care, puppy care and all?

Go tell her she will be considered as low as a puppy miller.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:15 AM

72,036 posts, read 83,705,236 times
As for the breeding, this you can not do anything about. By the way, how many litters has her dog had?

As for the 10 cats, etc, it sounds like someone should, at least call the animal control. This goes for the doggy day care as well. I don't think anything will be done about the doggy daycare. People have "under the table" businesses all the time. I doubt that it is worth making an issue over.

Good luck to you and just pray for the poor mommy doggie. This is why people have to think closely when purchasing a purebred puppy. Please look into the situation and the breeder.

I am not saying people should never breed and sometimes back yard breeders are better pet owners than those who actually have kennels, but do be careful. Too many think it is ok to just keep breeding. When we were breeding English Springer Spanials, we would allow no more than 3 litters (sometimes two) and then it was down to the vets. My dad did the same with his German Short Hair Pointers.

Nita

Old 07-31-2010, 06:08 AM

13,825 posts, read 18,811,674 times
Can you speak to your brother about it ? Im assuming she is married to your brother since you said SIL . I would have a serious talk with him and also let him know what can happen if she gets caught or someone reports her for the under the table day care . The city , state and county will fine her and believe me when I say they are some stiff fines like in the thousands . Can your brother or SIL afford fines like that ? also they will put her name on a state registry as a suspected byb . Alot more trouble than it is worth . Yes I definately think I would speak to my brother since she does not seems to understand what she is opening herself up to .

Old 07-31-2010, 09:47 AM

4,551 posts, read 10,214,460 times
I will clarify that my SIL has about four different females that she has been breeding so she doesn't breed the same mother over and over. She fools herself into thinking she is going to make a great income from this venture For whatever reason she also refuses to teach her dogs to walk on a leash which seems odd to me although health reasons do prevent her from walking more than a few feet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs