Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 02:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,384 times

Advertisements

Hi my tenants dog part pit/labmix with all shot's and licenced by the town got in a fight with my outher tenant's dog a jack russle ter dog the jack dog was hurt bad and i rushed him to the vet's please note that I was not the owner of said jack russle dog butt felt that the pitt mix dog was mutch bigger and so I brought the dog for medical help and I would pay for all vet bill's incurred the jack russle dog passed away the next day did I do the rite thing.

any feedback good or bad would be greatly appreichiated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 06:17 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,128,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foggbros View Post
Hi my tenants dog part pit/labmix with all shot's and licenced by the town got in a fight with my outher tenant's dog a jack russle ter dog the jack dog was hurt bad and i rushed him to the vet's please note that I was not the owner of said jack russle dog butt felt that the pitt mix dog was mutch bigger and so I brought the dog for medical help and I would pay for all vet bill's incurred the jack russle dog passed away the next day did I do the rite thing.

Of course you did. I am so sorry for you and for the owners of both dogs for that matter. I am sure the owner of the larger dog feels terrible, or let's hope he/she does and I can't imagine how awful the loss for the mommy and daddy of the Jack Russell.

Nita

Old 07-31-2010, 06:22 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,236,786 times
I think your a wonderful dog loving person. I would of done the same thing as you.
Some people may not agree ...but my heart & eyes wouldn't be able to watch a dog in pain like that. I would have to get it some help.
Where were the owners of these 2 dogs ?
They should take responsiblility for themselves...letting their dogs run free, but that would be in a perfect world, wouldn't it.
I commend you in your decision, trying to help.
Lil' Jack R is at the Rainbow Bridge running free, very happy, playing with other dogs.
Just know you did all what you could.
Thank you for being such a soft hearted loving person who loves dogs so much to do this.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:04 AM

14,785 posts, read 23,953,955 times
Yes you did the right thing but now you must remove that tenant that has the bad dog because as a landlord when your home insurance finds out that a vicious dog lives in your home your home insurance is going to sky rocket . Im sure the vet has filed a report with the state so expect animal control at your door and a phone call from your insurance agent and etc ... You must remove that tennant with the vicious dog . You will then have to prove to the insurance company that the dog has been removed too .

Old 07-31-2010, 12:21 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,587,238 times
You absolutely did the right thing!

Old 07-31-2010, 12:55 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,437,010 times
Quote:
I'm sorry about the fight and that the Jack Russell dog died. You did a wonderful thing, to try and help the dog. You must have a kind heart!

Old 07-31-2010, 01:08 PM

18,325 posts, read 18,903,953 times
yes you did the right thing. where were the owners? were the dogs left to roam? I would turn in the pit to animal control. a dog like that is dangerous especially if his owners are not willing to make sure he is safe as well as other animals (and people) around him

Old 07-31-2010, 01:18 PM

3,729 posts, read 12,349,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yes you did the right thing but now you must remove that tenant that has the bad dog because as a landlord when your home insurance finds out that a vicious dog lives in your home your home insurance is going to sky rocket . Im sure the vet has filed a report with the state so expect animal control at your door and a phone call from your insurance agent and etc ... You must remove that tennant with the vicious dog . You will then have to prove to the insurance company that the dog has been removed too .
I strongly disagree with you. Nowhere did the OP say that the one dog was at fault for the fight. Jack Russells are terriers and can be very aggressive in their own right. Just because one dog was a pit mix does not mean that it was the aggressor or the dog at fault for the fight. It also does not automactically make it a bad dog or a vicious dog.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:24 PM

3,729 posts, read 12,349,293 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yes you did the right thing. where were the owners? were the dogs left to roam? I would turn in the pit to animal control. a dog like that is dangerous especially if his owners are not willing to make sure he is safe as well as other animals (and people) around him
The dog is no more dangerous than any other dog that is not supervised. Jack Russell Terriers are very high energy and assertive dogs. It could very well be that the Terrier picked the fight, not the Lab/Pit mix!

Old 07-31-2010, 01:43 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,772,716 times
I used to own a jack russel and they are one of the sweetest breeds of dog that I have ever dealt with, however anything that is mixed with pitt bull is automatically considered an aggressive dog. if i were the landlord, i would submit the vet bill to the pitts owners and have them reimburse you, also i would give the tennant an ultimatum, either get rid of the dog or find a different place to live. but yes the landlord did the right thing, i just hope that the jack russels owners do not feel like it is the landlords fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs