Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 12:01 AM

13 posts, read 167,860 times

Advertisements

she wasn't in a party, i was bbq in my house with my fiance and i only... and FYI i'm not playing doctor...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 07:13 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,065,481 times
Don't feed her today and give her some Pepto Bismol (you might have to hand feed it to her if that makes sense.) Always works for my dogs.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:19 AM

894 posts, read 1,123,226 times
If there was garlic in that chicken, it could kill your puppy. Garlic is poisonous to dogs.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:53 AM

1,424 posts, read 5,320,661 times
Yes there is garlic in tandoori chicken.

OP, please contact your vet before doing anything else. Seven weeks old is very young. You need to call the vet. The puppy should be professionally vetted to ensure its future health, including vaccinations, etc.

And like the others have said, diarrhea for such a young dog is serious. Don't try to fix this yourself by using home remedies or internet medical advice. I wouldn't even lime my yard like others recommended in a separate thread you posted unless I cleared it with my vet first.

If you're not willing or able to pay the money for a vet, then having a dog is not in either of your best interest. Good luck and please let us know how the puppy is doing.

P.S. You have to be really really careful and watch that pup like a hawk. They get into everything. Puppyproofing and containment when you can't watch him is really important.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:44 PM

8,307 posts, read 38,670,140 times
Your pup would need to eat a lot more garlic than you would find on the MOST onerously seasoned chicken thigh imaginable. They can go toxic on onions and garlic and while the toxic levels are not well defined, they are understood to be "high". It isn't like arsenic or anything.

Keep the pup hydrated and this will likely pass in a few days. If the diarrhea hasn't cleared up in a few days or the puppy is behaving strangely, he/she needs to see a vet. You can save yourself some time by bringing a fresh stool sample if you do wind up in the vet's office.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:11 PM

13 posts, read 167,860 times
the puppy is doing great! i gave her sopme yogurt last night, and this morning she woke up hyper, running around, even ate her dog food... she tottaly fine now!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs