U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 04:48 PM

47 posts, read 93,333 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with their dog nibbling or nursing on blankets or clothing with front teeth? (some say it looks like the dog is eating corn on the cob or "flea biting"). We are assuming it has something to do with comfort but she also does it when she gets excited. Does anyone have any reasons as to why she does this? I have researched but havent really found anything. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 05:16 PM

29,990 posts, read 20,952,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey224 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with their dog nibbling or nursing on blankets or clothing with front teeth? (some say it looks like the dog is eating corn on the cob or "flea biting"). We are assuming it has something to do with comfort but she also does it when she gets excited. Does anyone have any reasons as to why she does this? I have researched but havent really found anything. Thanks!
Flossing? We had a lab that did that when I was growing up and that is of what it reminded me.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:28 PM

1,203 posts, read 2,220,673 times
My lab mix does that on the comforter on my bed. It only recently started when my boyfriend (now ex) moved back in and he thought it was hilarious. I on the other hand don't because I am planning on buying a new one and don't want her to do that once I spend good money on a new one.

I'm not sure why all of a sudden she started it, but I can't seem to get her to stop. lol nor do I know why she does it in the first place.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:30 PM

1,414 posts, read 2,541,024 times
Mine has begun chewing on the corners of my pillowcase. But just on one particular pillow. I have no idea why.

Her favorite toy is also her stainless steel food bowl. When she's done eating she carries it around in her mouth and throws it around (talk about some noise!).

She's a crazy dog.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:50 PM

34,190 posts, read 11,412,035 times
my dog likes to do that crazy tiny bites to buttons on my shirts.....I have to be careful to put them on hangers or out of reach....or they are buttonless! It seems to come and go....her intense interest in doing that.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:27 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,144,921 times
I had a golden growing up who did this to sheets in the evening. He would bite tiny little creases into the sheets when he was resting on the bed before he fell asleep - each crease would be about two inches long and then he would move on to another spot on the sheet. That was the only time he did it - strange.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:07 PM

29,990 posts, read 20,952,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
I had a golden growing up who did this to sheets in the evening. He would bite tiny little creases into the sheets when he was resting on the bed before he fell asleep - each crease would be about two inches long and then he would move on to another spot on the sheet. That was the only time he did it - strange.
Exactly! Ours did it on the satin-like trim of the blanket and only on that trim. Thing was, that lab was never allowed into bed, he just flossed on the edges that fell over the side.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:13 PM

3,084 posts, read 1,751,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey224 View Post
My Malinois pup chews her rawhide bones like that once she's gotten them soft. She'll do it for hours at a time. Only seems to happen on days I haven't worn her out with exercise. I'm guessing it's her way of releasing excess energy.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:11 AM

13,565 posts, read 23,049,866 times
MY JRT sucks on the 'nose' of the stuffed toy. I have never seen anything like it before. He carries it around and heaven forbid he can't find it when it is bedtime, he goes bonkers looking for his 'baby'.

He always takes it outside before bed too. He knows it is his baby.

Don't you just love them

Post link not copyrighted material

Old 08-10-2010, 02:35 PM

47 posts, read 93,333 times
hahahaha im so glad to hear others are seeing this also! its really funny to watch...when i look at her and say "what are you doing" she will look at me, stop and pretend she wasnt doing it haha! She also does it on the corner of pillows too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs